586,114 active members*
3,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Oi MF - Best way to handle large programs.

Question Oi MF - Best way to handle large programs.

I just got a new Doosan DNM5400 VMC and tried to load a program to the machine via USB. A 750KB program is too large.... :tired: I would love to rant about how it's 2017 and machines should be capable of holding more characters than a 1984 Commodore 64 but that won't solve my problem.

What is the best way to handle large programs? I would love to feed the machine via ethernet but from what I understand you need to purchase a special data server for this. The only other option I see is to use PCMCIA cards. Is there a better way?

Please input recommendation below ↓

Attachment 357990

Re: Oi MF - Best way to handle large programs.

Look in your manual they might have a section call DNC, This is a program that drip feeds a CNC machine, normally using a PC and a serial cable, but totally agree with you a 750K cnc program is very small, by today's standards.

Russ

Direct Numerical Control – A process of controlling a number of CNC equipped machines from a mainframe computer handling the scheduling or work and downloading complete programs into the machine’s memory.

I use RemoDNC 5.0. It seems a little cumbersome to set up, but once you get the gist it works well. No Issues. I think it's around $200.

Thanks Guys, I use OneCNC's free software to DNC to most of our machines but it won't work on the windows 10 PC (maybe it would with xp on hyper-V). I kinda figured it would be more like our Siemens 840D where we have the machine connected via LAN and just drop files in a shared folder. I would like to get away from using RS232 but I guess that is easier said than done.

Too bad, during the machine purchase a little memory upgrade on the new Fanucs is not a lot of money. I use DNC4U from cnc specialty. 160 for the first licence, then price drops dramatically on subsequent licenses. Has a self set up/diagnostic function thats pretty handy.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have a DNC device, please send me a request for manual and video on [email protected].

Sent from my vivo Y27L using Tapatalk