Hey all,

Is anyone here using CIMCO Edit to edit programs for a Citizen Swiss machine? We purchased Win-CNC from Citizen but it has never worked right and they have basically refused to do anything about it saying that it works everywhere else so we must be doing something wrong. If it were my money I'd be kicking their front door in, but the people in charge here don't seem to care so neither do I.

We have an old version (6) of CIMCO that I have been playing with which has a lot of nice features, and I have also been using Notepad++ customized for CNC editing. My problem with CIMCO is that it has the functionality to break the program into columns $1-$2-$3 etc, but it has trouble with the synchronization codes (!1 and G600's). I can set up the multi-channel viewer to work with either the ! wait codes OR the G600 codes, but not both. The ! works by simply setting the synchronization command to "!" and checking the "sync using channel numbers" option. The G600's work by using an advanced trigger of "G6<[0-6]>0" for the sync command and "<[0-9]>" for the sync number and the channel numbers option checked. That doesn't seem to catch every G600 code, but it is close enough for a quick glance to make sure they are all accounted for and in the right places. Is there any way to make both commands work at the same time? I'm thinking that the channel numbers check box is going to prevent both options from working together, even if there is a way to make them both active at the same time. Has anyone else used CIMCO to get this functionality working?

Thanks!