There is quite a bit of info, rumors, speculation, questions, and loose bits of info on the GREX right now.

Seems there should be some central repository (a sticky, for example) listing updates for the GREX, perhaps accompanied by a FAQ on it's current capabilities and limitations.

I see some people on the Mach forums (both here and on Art's site) are running the GREX right now. From what I can gather, basic functions work although some of the more advanced functions like an MPG and softlimits are not operational.

I am planning a retrofit soon and the GREX's high throughput would be a major advantage, simplify programming, and overall increase the simplicity of the project I am looking at.

But what can I actually do with one right now? Are the basic fucntions working enough that it is a usable controller? I'm not worried about soft limits, steppers with encoders, MPGs, etc. I just want something that I can dump a ton of info from Mach and run at a pretty quick feedrate with higher count encoders without worrying about bottlenecks in the data stream. My plan includes running the GREX into Pixies then into commercial brushless (+/-10v input) drives.

Some basic M-function outputs would help, like spindle on/off and coolant switching. Are these yet enabled?

So what is the current functional status and limitations of the GREX? I'm not trying to rush the programmers in any way just trying to plan my project around available components and some type of budget and timeline.

Thank you all for your help!

Pete