586,080 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Mobile Manufacturing Unit #1: LaserPod by Stone Design. Engraving on the streets.

Mobile Manufacturing Unit #1: LaserPod by Stone Design. Engraving on the streets.

Hi All!

My name is Andrew Stenvall, co-founder of Stone Design (www.stonedesign.la), and I wanted to share with you my latest built here at my shop in Los Angeles. I was really inspired by having a laser engraving machine the past few months, and after seeing so many people's reactions to this machine (only positive ones!), I realized that it would be so neat to be able to show the public this beautiful technology.

I had seen a few others on forums that had done similar concepts. Lasers in trucks, lasers on tables, even a woman who had her Epilog machine (with the hood off) engraving wine glasses in a Whole Foods in DTLA. I was amazed that there was such a community of like-minded people such as myself that wanted to share this technology and see what potential the machine had for advertising sales/products in public.

My partner and I at Stone Design fabricated this custom LaserPod specifically for the purpose of journeying into the farthest depths of the public to be able to engrave and collaborate with artisans and fabricators around the world. Our journey begins in Los Angeles where we will be featured at many local art shows. Next week we head to San Francisco for The Conception Art Show (May 20th), and after that we will be trekking across the country to New York City (manhattan) to another art opening.

Our hopes for this journey is that we can save up enough resources to be able to go fully solar powered. Currently we are using generators, and besides the awful fact that it isn't sustainable.... it's loud and smells quite obnoxious as you know.

After our United States journey, our plan will be to continue on to other more remote parts of the world and collaborate with local artisans to discover new ways of fabricating and building. We will also be sharing with them this technology that is becoming so popular here in the states. We feel that this collaboration will be a unique way to blend the old and the new, while pushing the boundaries of our own personal artistry.

I hope you enjoy these photos and feel free to contact me with any questions!

LaserPod: Mobile Manufacturing by Stone Design (www.stonedesign.la)

-Andrew Stenvall

Re: Mobile Manufacturing Unit #1: LaserPod by Stone Design. Engraving on the street

Interesting....