586,068 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc servo drive mystery battery location

Fanuc servo drive mystery battery location

For the life of our maintenance guy & myself cannot find the 6V battery(ies) that hold the XYZ home position. We get alarms 300 & 306. There are NO batteries in the battery compartments of the servo drives. I even pulled the back panel off and looked at the PC boards and there are no batteries on it or in the drives. There are NO D-cell batteries on the cabinet of the machine anywhere. Would they be under the red cap of the servo motors ??? We have had this machine for over 10 years and I think this is the first time this happened which means the batteries have never been changed. Enough said of our maintenance guy ! We have another Doosan and it is still OK but will soon bee needing a battery change since we purchased both machines at the same time. I have opened the back of the cabinet of the good machine and can't find any batteries in that one either... but no alarms on that one... yet. What the heck!!! These batteries are harder to find than Waldo!!!

Re: Fanuc servo drive mystery battery location

Have you recently had service on the machine? or did it lose memory? If the machine is older (90's) it might not have batteries. Compare parameter 1815. If bit 5 is OFF on the good machine, then you do not need batteries. Turn it off, should clear the alarms.

Re: Fanuc servo drive mystery battery location

What are the part numbers of the servo amp/s, A06B-60xx-Hxxx? Most likely a connector on CX5X and/or CX5Y. If so, follow these wires to the battery box. They are not inside the "red cap" of the motor.

Did you find the batterys or can you share with us the solution ?