586,508 active members*
2,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Hi all, I have a Mori seiki SL150 with a MSC518 (I assume its a Fanuc 18i) and the battery retaining its home position was dead when I got it. All of the other batteries seemed ok, but I went ahead and replaced all 3 of the batteries, but now need to get my turret position back. Right now it is on tool #7, the little LED position indicator says its on 7, so I am not sure if it is really "lost" but the TRCL light is blinking and I found one little sentence in one of the books I have for it that says that means the turret isn't clamped correctly. I am wondering if I just need to un-clamp and re-clamp the turret and things would be ok... Either way, I need to get rid of my "APC 300 3 axis need ZRN" alarm. I managed to finally figure out the Parameter 1815 and reset my X and Z home positions, I can now jog the machine around and home the 2 axis' and things like that, but I am lost about how to reset my turret . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Same with my case

Not sure how to add an attachment, but if you send me a message with your email address I can send you a procedure I have when I worked for a Mori distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by tristarcnc View Post
    Not sure how to add an attachment, but if you send me a message with your email address I can send you a procedure I have when I worked for a Mori distributor.
    Thanks!! will send to you right now!

Sir,

Could you send to my email address..Really appreciate your effort.. [email protected]

I have the same issue,can anyone send me the procedure please. email= [email protected]