I am a retired engineer, and have started seriously investigating a laser cutter/engraver for hobby work. I just wanted to complement Thunderlaser on their pre-sales support, both Nolan in China, and Clay in the US. As an engineer, I am always accused of asking question after question when I am interested in learning about something. Nolan and Clay have been patient, and have responded immediately to all of my questions. They down sold me from my initial thoughts on what I would need, which will save me both money, and valuable shop space. The Thunderlaser web site is incredibly rich with information, detailed pictures of their products, and information/instructional videos.

I have seen posts down rating then for higher costs, while favoring other manufacturers. That's fine, everyone has there opinions, include this one. However, I tried getting information from some of these other recommended manufacturers. I found their web sites to be minimalistic, with very little information on their products. They didn't return my emails for requests for information and pricing, at least not yet???. Why would I buy from a company that was not attentive during the pre-sales phase.

I also saw one post criticizing the servo motors (hybrid steppers) employed by Thunderlaser, but they failed to realize that Thunderlaser is providing closed-loop control of there motors. I don't see other china manufacturers advertising this. Which is just one example of what appears to be a very highly engineered product. Other examples are their use of a beam combiner to place the red dot laser right in the main laser beam, and a complete package of safety shut-off switches for the access door, cooling water, and compressed air.

I can't wait to put in an order for a Nova 35 130W machine. But my wife rightfully insists that I get my workshop setup with all the other tools I have already purchased (CNC plasma cutter, press break, surface grinder, horizontal mill, just to name a few). And it's sailing season again.