Hello everyone,

i recently purchased 4 nema 34 clearpath SDSK servos.
i read everything possible prior but i totally missed something (which is not stated explicitly anywhere)

unlike any other servo system, clearpath motors do not provide position feedback!
or am i missing something?

if this is true, you cannot build true closed loop systems with this product which in its price range is totally crazy.
i hope i'm wrong.

could someone clarify on this?

edit:
indeed, i was right, if you look really really really carefully there is a section in the clearpath page "so what's the catch?"
and it states:
Being a servo, ClearPath uses an integrated 12,800 count per revolution encoder to maintain accurate position and velocity, but we reduced cost and space (and got rid of potential noise problems) by not running the encoder signals to the outside world.

indeed a big catch, practically speaking this system cannot and will never be able to coordinate between your axis.
an thus it is NOT a closed loop system in any multi axis application.

now if you buy a 70$ stepper that's fine. but when you buy a 550$ servo marketed as a closed loop system this is just outrageous!
guys - don't do the same mistake i did. do not get those if you wish for a true closed loop solution.

edit 2:
it's important to also mention that they do have a good customer service.
they replied my concerns fairly quickly in length.
but in the bottom line - it's still what it is.

thanks!