586,069 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc O-MD, Tool Change Macro required

Fanuc O-MD, Tool Change Macro required

Dear All...My vertical machining center had lost all parameters and macro programs. i restored all the parameters but right now unable to find right macro for tool change. my machine uses M79 for unclamp as per manual but while running macro program the tool change never happened. program stops just after tool unclamp command execution. I am uploading macro program for your considerations.
    i need your help as i took me two months to restore all this stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Re: Fanuc O-MD, Tool Change Macro required

Quote Originally Posted by machining214 View Post
    Dear All...My vertical machining center had lost all parameters and macro programs. i restored all the parameters but right now unable to find right macro for tool change. my machine uses M79 for unclamp as per manual but while running macro program the tool change never happened. program stops just after tool unclamp command execution. I am uploading macro program for your considerations.
    i need your help as i took me two months to restore all this stuff.
    It looks like you forgot to attach the program
    From your message, I understood that the M79 code is an unclamp tool. Then why do you think he should change instrument? Or does this code fail and the program hangs on the M79 line?

Quote Originally Posted by Milling_man View Post
    It looks like you forgot to attach the program
    From your message, I understood that the M79 code is an unclamp tool. Then why do you think he should change instrument? Or does this code fail and the program hangs on the M79 line?
    Thanks milling-man for the reply. in fact M79 is executed and unclamps occurs.. but when G28 Z0 is executed the program hangs. What i understand is on G28 Z0; spindle should go to Z0 so atc brings the required tool for change..if im wrong please guide me.

Thanks milling-man for the reply. in fact M79 is executed and unclamps occurs.. but when G28 Z0 is executed the program hangs. What i understand is on G28 Z0; spindle should go to Z0 so atc brings the required tool for change..if im wrong please guide me.
    It is best for you to post a macro here, just copy it into a message.
    If you mean the program looks something like this:
    M79
    G28 Z0
    then there is nothing surprising in the fact that it freezes - in the ladder, the movement of axes with an open spindle can be blocked.

there are some machines that use also a limit switch to confirm the G28 Z0,so even if the machine is moving to position must be checked also by the limit switch
    Will be helpfull if you attach a short video of what you have on screen and what machine do
    Also are you sure that the unclamp state is confirmed by the unclamp limit switch/sensor?
    Also if the limit swirch is not confirming the unclamp state,the NC can wait for it and should give an alarm after a while ,like M06 overtime

What style tool change are you dealing with? I have to assume because you are trying to move the Z after a tool unclamp you are dealing with a drum type vs arm type. Based on that assumption I have seen in the past where typically with that type of tool changer there is a M-code or similar command that would disable (temporarily) the Z axis interlock to the tool drum. My guess is the Z is not moving due to interlocks. Also, G28 would normally be a machine reference which would usually be the starting point for the tool change. G30 or an ABS command would generally be used to raise the axis from the tool for index.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    there are some machines that use also a limit switch to confirm the G28 Z0,so even if the machine is moving to position must be checked also by the limit switch
    Will be helpfull if you attach a short video of what you have on screen and what machine do
    Also are you sure that the unclamp state is confirmed by the unclamp limit switch/sensor?
    Also if the limit swirch is not confirming the unclamp state,the NC can wait for it and should give an alarm after a while ,like M06 overtime
    Thanks for reply... can you please share your email id so that i can send you video...i tried but i cant share that video here. its size is 571KB mp4 format

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    What style tool change are you dealing with? I have to assume because you are trying to move the Z after a tool unclamp you are dealing with a drum type vs arm type. Based on that assumption I have seen in the past where typically with that type of tool changer there is a M-code or similar command that would disable (temporarily) the Z axis interlock to the tool drum. My guess is the Z is not moving due to interlocks. Also, G28 would normally be a machine reference which would usually be the starting point for the tool change. G30 or an ABS command would generally be used to raise the axis from the tool for index.
    Thanks for replying...its drum type tool changer..How to check interlocks?

Thanks for reply... can you please share your email id so that i can send you video...i tried but i cant share that video here. its size is 571KB mp4 format
    [email protected]