I'm looking at different options to replace the router on my CNC witha spindle. From what I've seen, even a cheap Chinese spindle should be better than a router.

I don't have a 220v power socket available (in fact in Canada it's 240v), only 120v 60hz 15 amp for the moment. So if I don't want to call an electrician, I'm stuck with 110v 1.5kw VFD.

My first question here is about phases. When I look at VFDs descriptions, most are 110v 1 phase input but outputs seems to be all over the place. I've seen 1 or 3 phases 110v and 220v. Does it have to do with the kind of spindle it's hooked to? What should I look for?

Second question is hypothetical. If I want to bite the bullet and go with a 220v 2.2kw setup, what kind of power socket do I need my electrician to install? There's two kind of sockets that I know, 2 hot lines, 1 neutral and 1 ground and 2 hot lines and 1 ground. Which one? How many amps?

Finally, what are good places to buy such kits? I know Ugra, but their price range are a bit higher than what I can afford.

Thanks