586,094 active members*
3,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

new to this site and need help

Hi I am looking to build a cnc router table. work surface must be able to cut 24" wide and 42 to 48" long. and 2 in thick(it doesn't need to cut through 2 " but must be able to handle 2 in thick lumber, mainly oak, cherry, maple.. I would like to find free set of plans or at least a low price set of plans. I want to be able to do 3d designs into kitchen cabinet doors, make signs, engrave glass in possible, I have to start a new hobby that can make me a little money. I have been a carpenter all my life until and accident to my knee now I have had to have three operations to the knee including two replacements and then the last operation the Dr. messed up the nerves so now I have to find some other kind of work where I can set down part of the time. I know autocad. I am capable of make many of the parts need for a machine. So my questions are: what is the best machine for me? What is the cost for the machine plans and an estimate on cost of materials? What is the best set of plans for the size I need? Do you have any pictures of what each of these machines can make? I know I am full of questions, but I want to do it right the first time. Thanks for your help and thanks for being such a great group.

Thanks
    Tim

Welcome and good to see ya!

Welcome to the zone and I think for all that I read of your post that you could go with this set of plans(free) and modify them to fit your desired size.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=300

I think you can do this very cheaply but remember the electronics and the software are the costly items here not the build materials really.

Good luck on your build! I have a thread and your welcome to comment and ask any question that I can be of assitance on.

Coog
    Building Stage:[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 105%
    Finishing Stage:[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-] 95%