586,103 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question CRC Interface :confused:

We have Takisawa Axle Turning Lathe with Fanuc 11TE CNC System, in which while running a program the machine stops with the message "CRC Interface". Why it stops? What does "CRC Interface" mean? How to over come? Is it a problem with the particular program or problem due to any interface devices or cables? Can anyone helpout at the earliest?

Generally the term means Cyclic Redundancy Check, which is a check of data transfer, can be serially or over a bus.
    Is there any alarms if the machine does not reset, what is the LED digit display indicating on the main board?
    I did read of one cause, I believe it was here that some one posted about using G41, They mentioned that if a G41 or G42 is commanded, but you are not actually moving the tool for 2 or more blocks while in this mode an alarm that turned out to be CRC alarm.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks

Thanks Al!
    I will check it up with the LED digit display indicating on the main board and come back to you. I wish it to be a problem in programming rather than anything else.

Raj

Could the message say CRC Interference? Is there an alarm number displayed with the message? Please post the alarm number and EXACT text of the message. My guess is it's a programming problem with tip-nose radius compensation (G41/G42).

Thanks for Al & Dcoupar

Hello Al & dcoupar,

Thanks a lot for both of you, the program has been rechecked and found that the Tooltip compensation has been wrongly mentioned, hence when the G42 is called in a particular block there is no interruption but the same when called in another block for another tool the CRC Interference (you are right dcoupar) appears but with out any alarm either in the display or in the main board. Even the alarm indication red LED with "?" symbol in the front operator panel is not coming. Anyway after correcting the corresponding Tooltip compensation the execution of the block runs without any interruption.

Once again thanks a lot for Al & dcoupar for your valuable guidance.

Raj