Hello Folks, This is somewhat of an update on my 3016L. This past weekend, my expanded memory (4meg) took a dive. So I'm left with, I believe, 44k...wow!!!! I called ITS and they said they can repair the board, at about 1/3 rd the price of a new board. So, I'm going to give it a shot and see how that turns out.

Now that I'm caught up with my part making, I did some snooping around...which could be a dangerous thing Anyway, since the machine has been running, I have always noticed that the XYZ sounded funny when jogging. I've watched videos of other Fadals( on youtube) and they seem to run smooth when jogging. On my machine, it felt like a jerky motion when turning the mpg knob slowly and changing direction, especially in X. I have installed all new thrust bearings and a new ball screw on X. My backlash on X is 2, Y is 3. But, it still didn't have that smoothness.

After some reading and searching, I decided to tune the amps. The first thing mentioned in my research, was the following error. Well, on my machine it has always shown the percentage of load. I never knew what the following error was. So, I went into setp and changed the setting and restarted the machine. I loaded a small program from the manual, for tuning the amps. I hit the auto button and there on the screen, the following error numbers were around 310, for all the axis. Fadal recommends about 595.

Anyway, I messed with the gain pot and now have XYZ at around 595. What a difference !!!! The machine sounds so smooth now. There is no banging when changing directions when using the jogging wheel. That jerking motion has disappeared

I can't wait to see how it runs when I cut my parts !!!!