586,112 active members*
3,170 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post for WinCNC Controller 2.1

Looking for a post from AlphaCAM to this controller that's on a ShopSabre 4896. Also have BobCad-Cam version 20 if someone has a post from this software to the controller.

bobcad/cam v22 and wincnc problems

i'm having problems in this area as well... anything i do in bobcad will run just fine on the techno machine, but the worthog(running wincnc) chokes on it when i try and load a file, it gives me an error, something like multiple commands on one line, or something like that.. i've tried every post processor that bobcad has on thier website for wincnc... i've tried removing the preamble in the code, someone told me that wincnc didnt like g54 commands.. still having problems.. this is a real problem, as i have a machine that i just cant use right now cause of all of this....

is there a possibility that i could use mach3 or maby i need to update the wincnc, something... having a machine out of commision is killing me...
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

WinCNC problem

I may be late on replying to this, but I am using a wincnc controller with BobCAD also. I had the same problem. If you'll go to the post processor part of BobCAD (click on the green button at the top of the screen), then click on 'Setup' and 'Driver'. Click the 'ISO' tab and make sure the 'G-Codes Modal' box is not checked. That cured the problem for me.

Apparently, in 'modal' mode, it only ads the 'G1' 'G0' etc. commands to the beginning of the line when they change. The WinCNC controller wants that command on every line, otherwise it gives an error message.