586,094 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Newbie advices for AL panels engraving please

Newbie advices for AL panels engraving please

Hello,

My name's Fabio Bauman, I've just joined this incredible forum and need to tell I freaked out!
    There's so much info for weeks of reading. So much to learn! I was hoping you can advise me where to get started. My goal is to build a cheap CNC engraving machine to make 1U to 3U, 19" Aluminum front panels lettering and logos.

Any tips or directions would be greatly appreciated!
    I havea decent knowlegde on electronics but little on mechanics.

thanks in advance!

cheers,
    Fabio

I'd do a search, as you stated there is weeks worth of reading.
    I'm sure one of the guys will be jumping in shortly.
    Welcome to the forum,

PEACE

Thanks Mr. Q for the warm welcome! I feel like home here. So many time thinking about building this thing... I saw here a homemade cheap CNC. That's what I need! I've been reading non-stop and looks like there's no plan avaiable to get started, like details of dimensions I need to cut the wood for eg... they're all paid? :S Gotta copy from pics I guess. So I'll try to get one little one with junk part, printer motors to see if I can make it work before spend on some good stuff. I like ordinary screw and nuts for this, looks enough to my application. I'm still after some tips and starting points but I guess it is all on the msgs right? Oh well...

cheers!
    Fabio

In the DIY CNC wood routers you will find very useful info. As you said, very few plans, lot of 'like that idea'. You can find a lot of very useful photos at the members gallery too. Like you, lot of ppl uses old printer stepper motors, mainly from laserjets.

And post pics if you build..

/U

I've used the VS3D software to sculpt and engrave 4" 3D relief coin designs in brass.
    Here is an example:
    http://www.designscomputed.com/vs3d/examples/index.html
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC