586,110 active members*
3,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

board working

Does anybody have a deskcnc controller board working to their complete trouble free satisfaction?

Quote Originally Posted by ljd10 View Post
    Does anybody have a deskcnc controller board working to their complete trouble free satisfaction?
    I do:wave: I do:wave:I do:wave:

Mine has been running my router for several years and while it is not absolutely perfect, it is about 98%.

Are you having specific problems? or are you just asking?

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

boards

well several years ago I bought deskcnc with the gen1 board then also ordered the gen 2 board and an update chip for the gen 1. I never ran either board. i am now considering getting them both running and am starting out with the gen1 and updated chip. I have gotten serial port to usb cord and straight through serial cord. Can't even get the card to be recognized. If they are that much of a headache I am thinking about putting them back on ths shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by ljd10 View Post
    well several years ago I bought deskcnc with the gen1 board then also ordered the gen 2 board and an update chip for the gen 1. I never ran either board. i am now considering getting them both running and am starting out with the gen1 and updated chip. I have gotten serial port to usb cord and straight through serial cord. Can't even get the card to be recognized. If they are that much of a headache I am thinking about putting them back on ths shelf.
    They can be a little tricky to get going but it is not that difficult.
    1.You must supply the board with the 5v to the 5v connection before it will communicate.

2. You must tell the Deskcnc software what com port you are using.
    Go into device manager under the ports tab see what com port your usb to serial adapter is using. It will be like com 1 or com 2 or something like that.

3. Once you have the port settings complete, close and restart Deskcnc and then it should start talking. You will know when they are talking when the pretty blue light changes state such as from fast flashing to a blinking, but I can't remember which way it goes at the moment.

4. Worst case, ship it to me and I will test it for you and send it back.

5. If using the 2nd gen board, there is a selection for 2nd gen on one of the setup tabs. It must be unselected for the 1st gen board.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike

Hi ljd10,
    Any progress?

No not yet-I put back on hold for the time being. I suppose by the time I start back on it there won't be any information on them. Thanks for asking.

Don't give up.
    The board is still in production and the software is still being supported and developed.
    Let us know when you start up again.

Mike