586,094 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Y axis limits offset

Y axis limits offset

I just powered up my TRM for the first time yesterday and found one issue. The Y axis limits seem like they are offset. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or, do you know a tech that would be willing support this issue over the phone?

First I line up the markers and then I run a CS command to perform the cold start function. This appears to work. Next, I put the machine in jog. The Z axis will move 14 inch, as it should, and stops a few inches above the table. The X axis will move 15 inches from the home posision to the right or left and stop as expect. The Y axis move away from me 15 inches and stops, but there is 5 or 6 inches or so of linear rail unused. When moving the Y axis towards me from the cold start position, I have to stop at 4.5 inches. Any further and the the machine will be at the very end of the linear rail and hit the hard stop and have Y axis fault.

This picture show's where the Y axis stops when I jog the table away from me.

This picture show's how close to the end of the linear rail the table has moved after it has moved 4.5 inches.

Re: Y axis limits offset

You have to stop or the software limit stops you before you jog off? Been a while since I worked on a TRM. The Y axis CS position was always the center of the center T slot. Take a coaxial indicator and put it in a tool in the spindle. Dial in the middle of the T slot. Not exactly sure with a TRM..