It is doubtful I will get any sleep tonight, my new 770 arrives tomorrow! I have a Bluebird engine hoist rented and space cleared out, i'm ready! I just hope that the freight guy helps me get the machine into my garage or at least my driveway. If not I will scramble a case of beer and some buddies I guess. So here is what I purchased so far:

770 mill w/manual oiler
stand
path pilot
various TTS tool holders
G wizard

I did not buy too much to start with, It is quite the investment! I already have a monitor, keyboard, vise, and cutting tools. I really would like the PDB and maybe an enclosure later on. I am using Fusion 360 for cad/cam. I

have been researching coolant quite a bit and seem to get lots of mixed opinions on what system and products to use. For manual machining aluminum, I have always used WD 40, I guess its time to get something more sophisticated.

I like the idea of flood coolant but am afraid that it will get rancid if I don't use it for a while, I live in a hot, humid environment. I also have corrosion concerns as I live in South Texas very close to the coast. That leaves me with a misting system. I purchased a Noga mister a while back but it has the dreaded coolant cloud buildup issues many have talked about. I hear the fog buster does not make as much of a cloud in the garage so that my be the way I go.

Lastly, the things I have read on G wizard recently have not left me too confident in its use, any tips there?

Aside from the new Tormach, I also have a Grizzly mill/drill and a Clausing 10x24 manual lathe and a Miller Syncrowave 180 that I like to play with

I am not too sure what all I will use the Tormach for yet, I do know for sure that it will do a lot!

When I graduated high school, I wanted to be a machinists but my dad wanted me to get a "4 year degree"....... Here I am 15 years later with a mechanical engineering job that I don't necessarily love and a passion for machining. I love engineering but sometimes I cant stand engineers!