587,034 active members*
3,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Environmental / Alternate Energy > Its all very well to talk about global warming, but....
Page 16 of 16 6141516
    If you haven't seen this before.......Think about it...

In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953 about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1 million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th century because of gun control- 56 MILLION!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, ask them, "Who do you want to round up and exterminate?"

With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects.

Not to discount your data there. It highlights the hard facts of dis-arming to subjugate.

I just wonder if it should include areas of the world that do have access to guns and the rare occasion that a nations citizens have been both successful and/or failed in overthrowing their governments without an eye on another form of dictatorship.

Even rarer still would be an attempt for the betterment of all, when diplomacy fails or is never offered to support the majority. While instead, suppressed by a minority of elites with the power and finances to secure their status. And yes, I think this happens in democracy's too.

Seriously though. It seems like a joke to think that a group of armed US citizens would even try to take on the US military with "the right to bare arms", but never have the right to use them in that vien. It is kinda another one of those things of being careful of what you wish for. What might replace what we have could be a whole lot worse.

My fear is what is to come as we are forced to accept greater diversity and less assimilation. The tensions this may create puts global warming on the back burner, smoldering away for another days battle. The historical record of the middle east type conflicts, could be what we are headed for.

Richard Lamm on Multiculturalism

DC

Nice speech by Richard Lamm. My reading of history suggests that countries usually commit suicide by creating fiat currency and then debasing it to steal from the people until finally the basis of their own power structure crumbles. If that happens, the victim classes will be denied their extortion money, and the factors discussed by Mr. Lamm could come into play in a dangerous way.

And what follows is usually worse.

I don't want to be a disarmed victim in either scenario.

--97T--

If you like Mr. Lamm, check out some of J.B. Williams articles.

JB Williams on America

Just plain FUN

DC

Fizzissist,you seem to beleive with gun control Mexicans will be unable to defend themselves and be exterimanted from the US unable to defend themsleves,leaving only High school students to shoot up their classmates.When not packing a firearm,time will cool the frustration and sense will calm the situation
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Quote Originally Posted by lgalla View Post
    Fizzissist,you seem to beleive with gun control Mexicans will be unable to defend themselves and be exterimanted from the US unable to defend themsleves,leaving only High school students to shoot up their classmates.When not packing a firearm,time will cool the frustration and sense will calm the situation
    Let's all hold hands and sing Kum-bya.....

"...When not packing a firearm...".....

I'm afraid your logic leaves me curious.....the juxtaposition between mexicans and high school students? What about the mexican high school students???

Maybe he meant the slaughter of unarmed Mexican Indians?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/42678.stm

Politicians love unarmed peasants.

"Politicians love unarmed peasants"
    And the elites want to have a "Ameri-union" with them ?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by debogus View Post
    "Politicians love unarmed peasants"
    And the elites want to have a "Ameri-union" with them ?

Dave
    ??? "them" ???
    the politicians or the peasants, or possible the guns, or the Mexicans, or high school students?

"Ameri-union"???
    Marriage or an American style Union, maybe labor relations?

"elites"????
    Americans, or mexicans that killed the Indians, or some guy that's just got a job?

Sorry man, that quote could mean anything. I'm sure it will all make sense to me about 3 replies from now.

All of that from my statement ?
    Them the government of mexico duh
    The very same that was responsible at the slaughter in Chiapas(spl?)
    You posted the link ?( old news)

The very same that encourages the migration of its peasant rather than help them.But yet kills immigrants from its southern neighbor.

The drug trade, the human trafficking ,all of the other human rights violations .

What the he!l did I touch a nerve ?
    Taking a akams razor on this one

laters

Dave

That's Occam's razor....and you're right.

"...Mexican officials have complained bitterly about how easy it is to buy firearms from private, unlicensed sellers at such shows, then smuggle them across the border. U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales vowed last week to crack down on such gun-running, and top officials from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are in Mexico this week to talk strategy with their Mexican counterparts..."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...cking0615.html

Mexico doesn't like the way we run our country? Hey, I got a idea....how 'bout they build a wall along the border? That'd keep all those undesirable guns that cause so much trouble in MEXICO in the U.S. where they don't seem to cause nearly as much trouble.

It'd also keep all those terribly valuable workers home so Mexico could benefit from their work ethic and productivity....and the fact that they'll do jobs no one else will....

All except housework, that is.

"...Government studies show that Mexican men are amongst the most reluctant in Latin America to share the burden of housework, and many women are simply too deeply immersed in the old ways to give it up - even for a symbolic day. ..."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/400913.stm

They'll clean the crapper, but they won't vacuum???

Ahhh, OK. Made no sense to me.

Wonder which one kills more, our guns going south, or their drugs moving north? Sounds like they have the same problem we do, a huge demand for an illegal product. Maybe we could just pay for the drugs with guns? Got bullets?

Well, I have read a few posts from various members. I must say that there are varied opinions and ideas of what this world is coming to...though there are few real solutions that can be acceptable to all..
    All I can say is that if we consider ourselves humans, and "intelligent creatures" of this planet, we had better do something about our attitude towards peace and progress to make this World a better place. No matter what religion, race or creed we belong, we simply need to learn to live in peace with each other. Otherwise we will certainly destroy and/or make life difficult for ourselves.

Kumbaya
    Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Prosper View Post
    All I can say is that if we consider ourselves humans, and "intelligent creatures" of this planet, we had better do something about our attitude towards peace and progress to make this World a better place.
    Yeah, because we've been going backwards for hundreds of years.

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

yo'all forget it's the overpopulation that's causing all the problems, so MAKE WAR NOT LOVE, this way you'll solve at least some of your problems.

The other problem is, where will the US get so much practice in actual combat readiness conditions, than in the middle East where they like fighting as a matter of existence, and be able to keep developing more and more sophisticated weapons so that they'll never be caught with their pants down again.

As an example, how were the US fighting forces prepared in the lead up to the '14-'18 war?
    Pretty pathetic by all accounts, the US didn't even have an air force, and the army still had to learn which end of the gun made a loud noise etc etc.

As unpallatable as it seems the Arab proverb that goes, "Without a stick a man would be bitten even by a sheep" is so very true.

If you don't have a bunch of idiots to practice on, where are you going to get the experience to keep a standing armed force at the ready and equipped with the latest up to date technology for instant deployment, whether it's to make a point or just maintain a standpoint.

The line has been drawn in the sand, and make no error there's gonna be a few eggs cracked in making this omelette, but that's life, be thankfull you're not on the receiving end.

BTW, the holy book that determines all Middle East policy and day to day life states that FORNICATION (shagging without being married) is a sin, and is punishable by death etc, so if you get a suicide bomber filled with the belief that he will get 72 virgins when he gets to paradise, isn't this just an example of the hypocritical attitude of that lot?
    Ian.

RegenAG on Vimeo

Please check out this video be you from either the US or Australia or from any other place for that matter.

This video runs for 13 minutes and is called Keyline farming some may know of it but when you look at it it will make you stop and think,Why have we all allowed Banks,Government and more importantly Non Government Organisations take away our rights and freedoms.

This is a 1955 Film that gives a wonderfull perspective on how people once used to think and act a time when the person made a difference as well as the ideas.

The most amazing thing when you watch this short film,It was made by a Bank can anyone imagine those dens of inequity and theft these days doing something similar.

Yes it is related to what this board is all about as well as so called Climate change and a million other things and if you cannot see why then you are part of the problem.

Our American cousins from the Midwest may be more familiar with the Dustbowls of the depression Era,This then makes for a very topical and interesting read and some on here can benefit directly or pass on valuable knowledge to those who can benefit from this idea.

I heard there are tropical countries, where winter is not common, are having solid precipitation in a form of hail.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenRoger View Post
    According to Science we are the most intelligent species of nature . So why we not stop disgusting things which happened in our surrounding?? Most of the Indian people who are studying in foreign are killed by the abroad people?? I don't why they do so?? This is really ashamed??

visi here.. Ashford Coupon Code ? Avail 80% Off ? Acquire Soon | PRLog
    Hi, I don't think that "MOST" of the Indian students are killed or suffer massive trauma in foreign countries, but if they do suffer extremism in those countries, why do they continue to go there?

India at the moment is doing the China thing and flooding the market with cheap goods due to the cheap labour for production, so why do they need to study in a foreign country if they already know how to make and sell exports on a large scale.

BTW, intelligence is the ability to know when you are at risk and when not to be the victim......all those that fail this simple plan are the unintelligent......so yes you are somewhat right, the survivors are the intelligent ones after a fashion, but I can't see the Human race existence outlasting that of the Dinosaurs who ruled the World in the Jurassic etc for 250 million years......the Dinosaurs never learned to make fire either.
    Ian.

Page 16 of 16 6141516