586,075 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

scale drawing

how do you draw something 2x or 3x larger than actual size

Quote Originally Posted by markjb View Post
    how do you draw something 2x or 3x larger than actual size

Main Menu Change>Translate>Scale> Enter the Scale you want. Set the Stereo Buttons to what you want as far as Incremental Shifts, Snap Point, etc.

Cheers!!!!:cheers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Translate Dialog Box.JPG  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby, How would you scale down and make the drawing smaller? The scale box does not allow a minus symbol.

Scaling down does not require a negative value, rather it requires the use of a decimal fraction. To scale down 2:1, use a value of .5 in the scale boxes.

As for the original poster's question, I'm not sure of why one would want to actually change the number of units per side. All computer CAD is drawn at 1:1 as there is no need to incorporate scaling for the purpose of printing the drawing, in most cases, unless you are trying to create a larger than life inset. The printer scale is typically all that might be needed to make something larger than life size.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

To add to Hu's information. Printers today com with a software disk that allows the user to Print sections of blown up Prints. You will have to tape them together but it is possible to make a print that is 24 different sections on 11 by 8 sheets. I just found this in my HP printer Software.:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com