586,042 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Joining the club!

Hi all-
    After MUCH research, debate, and hemming & hawing about what machine I'm going to wind up with. My Tri-power is currently on a palate in Vegas awaiting a cross country trip to it new home here in Charlotte, NC.

I have all kinds of motivations, but most of all the value and versatility of this machine and the small footprint for my small toolroom. The forethought given to CNC operation is a big plus as well, and I'm here today just because I'm still entertaining the idea of a last minute CNC add on to my order.

Most of the questions I had have already been asked and responded to-- as a result, I'm going to follow through with the DRO addition to my kit, and hold off on the CNC functionality for now- though I plan to equip my machine with CNC capability ASAP. Armed with the info and resources available on this forum, it looks like I can fit this myself with all that plus ball screws for significantly less than the package from shoptask. I was thinking it might be best to have some consistancy of the system offered from them rather than a custom step or servomotor system, but reading through some of this stuff suggests I should be able to customize it without too much trouble.

I'm hopning that the initial bugs have been worked out as well with this version. As a product designer/engineer myself I know about working the bugs out of the first run of products. Hopefully I'm not receiving one of the returned machines I've read about! Anyway- even though this is my first post, thanks to all for all the great info, and for putting up websites (many of which I've read every word in detail already). Great stuff!

Now for the big newbie question:
    Of the avilable resources- what's the collective best choice for retrofiting a tri power with drives and ball screws? thanks for any help!
    -kevin
    Charlotte, NC

would love some advice...

So my machine hasn't even left yet, and I'm ready to get motors. Here's my best find so far- opinions anyone? What do I need to watch out for? Thanks for any help!
    -k
    http://webtronics.stores.yahoo.net/stmo8.html

call dan at camtronics, he has solution for all your needs. cheaper than shoptrash