587,006 active members*
2,890 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > ( the ) chart of desired journey versus reached destination

chart of achieving desired goals

hello all i have seen this chart a few years ago, and i would like to share the idea behind it with you.

the straight line represent the desired journey, so to reach a goal

the desired goal is never reached as it was intended, because of the journey

when conditions are favorable, even if the journey had a few obstacles, the reached goal is pretty similar with the desired one ( this is the 1st curved line on the chart; it is located prety close to the horizontal line, and the circles are pretty similar )

when conditions are not favorable favorable, the journey may deviate to an entire different goal, on an entire different path ( the 2nd line, leading to the rectangle )

idea behind it is that in most cases, the conditions are not favorable, and their power simply consumes the resources available for the journey.

when i 1st saw this chart, it was about the fact that being defensive consumes much more resources than being able to develop, and in most situations, the people must behave defensive, and their goals are a result of a journey with considerable obstacles, which deviates them from their purposes.

i shared this chart, so you to ask yourself if where are you know, is it your choice ? do you like it ?
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

chart of achieving desired goals

example of lost paths on programing :
    ... guy coming down to shop floor, from the office, asking what is a center drill, because the CAM always asks for a center drill before a drill ( it had 20years of programing )
    ... guys asked to modify a program, replying that "i cant, this is the way the CAM performs" ( more than 30+ years )
    ... 7+ years of long hand programing for unique parts, without the desire to improve programing speed, but excuses
    ... safe plane when milling, at 5mm above the part, without considering the fixtures ( 40y of programing ); blaming the operator, of course

this happens when there are no mentors, and programmers are left alone i like to call them CAM victims
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg