Hi all,

What is your Laser power rated (W), and what is your refrigerated chiller rated at (W)? And does your system perform well? You can perform all the calculations you like, but real world experience says more IMHO. I don't want to use a Peltier device because they are power hogs for the same cooling capacity. And they won't work well in an Oz summer with ambient temps in the mid to high 30sC anyway.

I'm in the process of a build, and I was planning to use a bar fridge, submerging the cold plate in the coolant reservoir, but I suspect this won't be enough.

I work with industrial lasers 2 to 5kw, and from what I can see the chillers consume around 7-8 times the watts that the laser is rated as a rough ballpark. This includes pumps, compressor, fans etc....Which suggests to me that for a 40w laser I'll need something like a 200w fridge. With a pump and some fan cooling on the condenser coil. But these industrial lasers also use the coolant for the mirrors and may pick up a greater proportion of heat than a hobby laser with no mirror cooling.