586,060 active members*
4,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > describing a knurling tool Genos L-300

describing a knurling tool Genos L-300

having trouble defining a knurling tool so it can be registered in the tool library. Has anyone had the same problems and knows a solution?

Thanks!

Re: describing a knurling tool Genos L-300

hello Terry if you are using CAS, than simply create a new tool, and define its shape how you wish.

Please be aware that many people avoid CAS because setting it up requires too much time. Even you think that you mastered it, thus your speed = +infinit, it is still slow.
    There are better alternatives. So far, did you never had that feeling that something is wrong with CAS ? dont you feel like setting it up is a waste of time ? I assure you that many guys, that are not novice, are not using CAS.

Even if it takes too much time to setup, you decide if you really need CAS enabled. At the end of the day, is not the CAS who will save your day, but the monitoring functions; far as i know, monitoring is an option on Genos.

On a lathe, is enough to assign offsets to turret posts only once ( attached image - left ), and have a virtual library with a number of entries equal with turret posts ( attached image - right ); each entry of the virtual library should be assigned to the turret.
    This is the setup of a static magazine.

Random magazines require frequent interventions, but things can be made easier also there. kindly !
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: describing a knurling tool Genos L-300

I've had limited success by defining it as a groove tool. You can define the width and it removes virtually no material since it skims the surface.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.