Hello,

I have appx ten years experience with Rhino3D making models/rendering for print/electronic use, but very small background in vertical milling other than a couple machining classes I have taken at the local community college to learn tooling, fixtures, speeds and feeds basics.

Compared to others I have seen in the market, madCAM's business philosophy fits where I need to be. The spectrum of product capability and pricing is immediately workable. It is also very attractive that it is integrated so well with Rhino3D and allows me to leverage those skill sets versus a new hockey stick learning curve. The videos I have seen are quite impressive as well.

I have have several CNC project ideas in mind and now access to an Okuma MC-V4020 vertical millling center. The owner is open to my use, but has no Rhino or madCAM background. He knows machining from 40 productive years in that world, but doesn't want to climb the learning curve associated with modeling through G-code.

My question:

Does madCAM have an Okuma 4020 post processor currently available off the shelf ... and if not, how much work/skill sets are necessary to customize the CAM software so I can safely gen G-code for the Okuma with a real low probability of causing a crash and expensive damage as I definitely do not want to harm my friendship with the owner (not to mention looking like a total idiot). Longer term, if I can get the knowledge necessary to prove reasonable feasibility, I intend to raise the capital for the purchase of a VMC to take those planned ideas forward.

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Bruce