We are getting ready to upgrade the filter for our regenerative blower. We have a Chinese blower, XGB-14, 10HP 3 phase, rated to 283CFM

I am not sure the CFM rating on the existing filter, but it definitely cant be 283... the ports on the filter are 1-1/2' (the blower has 2" ports) and there is a 90 at the bottom of the filter.

I am shopping for a new filter assembly - my minimums are 2" ports and 300 CFM, trying to keep it under $700 I have a few options listed below;

• From our local air supplier, Pacific Air Compressor I can get an off the shelf unit rated to 300CFM for $663
  • Get something like this off Ebay for $250 (this looks like our filter only larger)
  • Something like this one from Ebay for $520 - no experience with filters like this in a vacuum system although seems very similar to our pneumatic filters
  • This used Solberg from Ebay for $412 is really tempting with the 800CFM rating and 4" ports, very upgradeable. It doesnt have a filter element but I think that would be easy to source.
  • The final option is to go shop built. I built one of these filters for our last vacuum pump - I built a canister with 4" ABS ports, a shopvac filter slides over 4" ABS so that is what i used as my element. This actually worked pretty darn well, not sure what CFM it could pull, but I am sure I could figure it out.

Anyone see any reasons to go with or not to go with any of the above options?

Thanks in advance for the ideas.