So, newbie here. I always wanted to get into cnc since I was a kid and finally the 3018 has brought that to me at a super reasonable cost of entry.
The problem I’m having is with some 1 and 2mm carbon fiber plates. I’m trying out some very simple stock shapes on easel just to get cut settings and feed rates dialed.
Once everything is set up and I start carving, everything starts well and then 1-20 seconds into the carvel, easel says it’s all done and the 3018 stops where it’s at, spindle is spinning and the only way to stop it is to disconnect the usb and shut the 3018 off. As soon as I plug it all back in, everything works as it should until I start carving again. Then the process repeats itself.
The same carve on soft wood goes great and no problems.
I tried using super slow feed rates and plunge rates, 5mm a min on both and nothing seems to change. What little carving it’s done looks great and I don’t feel the machine is stressed while cutting.
I just exported the nc file from easel and opend it up in the grbl control, sent it to the machine and it tried cutting through my material mounting plate and wasn’t going to stop until I told it so????, leading me to believe it’s not me stressing the machine while carving.
What am I missing? Any tips or ideas on places to start searching for the problem?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Casey