Quote Originally Posted by bhurts View Post
I would leave the electronics alone for now and look at the machines mechanical components instead. Check everything for good lubrication. Unhook your motors and turn the screws by hand thru the travels. Check all pulley setscrews. Check your bearings for end play and adjust or replace as needed. If you perform your measurements tests by hand do the problems still exist?

Ben

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's mechanical. The control system seems to be working just fine. While it is connected through a parallel port I've not seen anything that leads me to believe it is electrical/electronic.

One shot oiler system seems to be pumping oil to all of the ways effectively. I can see it on the ways and where it drips off of things and onto the base of the mill in various places. Just lime my manual knee mill.

With the motor drives off the X axis moves freely using the knob on the end of the shaft. The other axes don't have anything to turn other than a bit of the end of the shaft that exits the encoder housing.

The set screws on the pulleys seem tight. That was one thing I checked on the Z axis earlier since I can get to that easily and couldn't figure out how it would have this significant asymmetric backlash problem like the X axis with the weight of the head loading the ball screw.

To check the other axes for freedom of movement I'll have to pull the motors and the belts to turn the pulley itself.

I will have to get someone to assist me to pull things apart since I can't take get table off unassisted.