586,075 active members*
3,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Have issue with cnc 3020 :(

Have my machine kinda working haven’t figure out yet how to operate completely but kinda getting

So I have Mach3 setup and works well but I’m limited to 500 lines of gcode (demo version) would you guys buy full license for $175 and use it or would it be better to convert it to gbrl and just use the free software (universal gcode sender) ?

Or can I use current lpt setup on universal gcode sender?

I’ve had this machine for about 2 years and never got instructions and honestly don’t have much time to play around with it but I’m 100% invested on it now Wanna work on some plexiglass

Re: Have issue with cnc 3020 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy666 View Post
    Have my machine kinda working haven’t figure out yet how to operate completely but kinda getting

So I have Mach3 setup and works well but I’m limited to 500 lines of gcode (demo version) would you guys buy full license for $175 and use it or would it be better to convert it to gbrl and just use the free software (universal gcode sender) ?

Or can I use current lpt setup on universal gcode sender?

I’ve had this machine for about 2 years and never got instructions and honestly don’t have much time to play around with it but I’m 100% invested on it now Wanna work on some plexiglass
    I switched to linuxcnc - but, honestly, i just started to collect hardware for grbl. I don't have any more spare old computers with lpt port left...

Quote Originally Posted by grg12 View Post
    I switched to linuxcnc - but, honestly, i just started to collect hardware for grbl. I don't have any more spare old computers with lpt port left...
    Well I have a lpt computer that’s not a problem just that with having Mach3 Running only way it’s gonna take gcode pass 500 lines is buying full license $175 :/ And I’ve tried linuxcnc but kept getting error after error so I’ve heard about Grbl and decided to cough up the $17 for hardware Require, should get it this week and hopefully everything goes good if not back to square one

Been trying to find tuts but there really confusing might make a tutorial myself if I get it working