586,080 active members*
3,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Open Source CNC Machine Designs > open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded alum

open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded alum

wanted to share my design - all the plans and print files are here: https://github.com/Chris-Annin/AE1-CNC-engraver-router

https://youtu.be/-d7oNVzQT3E

Re: open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded

Very nice job. A few questions - which DaVinci printer did you use? What material? Can you say a few words about the 3D printer settings?

Re: open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Griffing View Post
    Very nice job. A few questions - which DaVinci printer did you use? What material? Can you say a few words about the 3D printer settings?
    I have an older Davinci 1.0 I printed the parts out of ABS and all were printed at 50% solid with thick shells, 2mm layer height and at normal print speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cja7928 View Post
    I have an older Davinci 1.0 I printed the parts out of ABS and all were printed at 50% solid with thick shells, 2mm layer height and at normal print speed.

Thanks for the reply. Again - a very nice job. Looks like it would be a very nice machine for PCB routing.