586,121 active members*
3,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

graphics in solid Edge

Hi All,

Can anyone help in explaning how to go about producing graphics on a part such those shown on the picture attached.

All voices would be gratefully heard!

Cheers

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cycle Frame.bmp  

I could not view your attachement. In SE go to "Insert" then click "Image".

inserting image in solid edge

Hi All,

It's been a while since i last visited this great forum..!!
    and it's good to be back...

I am still having issues inserting a picture into solid edge to allow me to use it as a label or decal...

Does anyone out there have any suggestions..

I have attached the piture again hoping it will work this time around

Many Thanks

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gluegun.jpg  

Unfortenately there's not so many here running SolidEdge. I'm mostly using it for "mechanic" use and therefore never tried to insert grahics at all.
    But I think the help function/documentation in SE is really good, did you try to find anything there?

Image insert in SE

Hi Svenakela,

Thank you for your reply...I have indeed tried the help function in SE,but it only tells you how to insert the image onto a plane of face which i have been successful in doing.Unfortunately it does not tell you how to take it further and use it a a label or graphic....it just tells you that it is possible!.

i have trawled the internet but in vane so far....i won't give up thou until i have the answer.

Cheers

Rob

Tell me when you know!

Oki... this is not my strongest side of SE use... but i can make something close to that...

You can do this in the part enviorement.
    Make shure that you got the textures show option turned on. ( this you can do under the Format ---> View then check the textures option)

Next you want to do is make an sketch where you whant the image\ graphic.

If this is on an flat surface you can just drew the sketch right at the surface, but if it is an non flat surface you would need to project the curve down to the surface.

Now you must use the sketch on the face of the Part to Split the face
    to create discrete areas for rendering. (uasing the "split Face" command.

Next you must make an custom "Face style", go to the Format tab and select the Face Style option, then click "new".

Now you can give the Face style a name and a bace coloure. then go to the "textures" tab and brows the jpg\ tif file you want to use as an image. Just leave everything else at default fore now and click OK.

Then close the "style" widow.

Now you must go to the Part Painter command (under the format tab) and in the in the "style" option you select the Face style you just made. in the select option you chose "face", then click innside the sketch laying on the face of the part and you will se the image on the surface.

if you want to rotate or modify it, you must go to the "Face Style" menue..

hope this to some help.. i can try to make an movie that shows it if you need..

-Eivind-

one more thing... i don`t thik this is supportet in VS+....

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Oki... this is not my strongest side of SE use... but i can make something close to that...

You can do this in the part enviorement.
    Make shure that you got the textures show option turned on. ( this you can do under the Format ---> View then check the textures option)

Next you want to do is make an sketch where you whant the image\ graphic.

If this is on an flat surface you can just drew the sketch right at the surface, but if it is an non flat surface you would need to project the curve down to the surface.

Now you must use the sketch on the face of the Part to Split the face
    to create discrete areas for rendering. (uasing the "split Face" command.

Next you must make an custom "Face style", go to the Format tab and select the Face Style option, then click "new".

Now you can give the Face style a name and a bace coloure. then go to the "textures" tab and brows the jpg\ tif file you want to use as an image. Just leave everything else at default fore now and click OK.

Then close the "style" widow.

Now you must go to the Part Painter command (under the format tab) and in the in the "style" option you select the Face style you just made. in the select option you chose "face", then click innside the sketch laying on the face of the part and you will se the image on the surface.

if you want to rotate or modify it, you must go to the "Face Style" menue..

hope this to some help.. i can try to make an movie that shows it if you need..

-Eivind-
    This is not supported in VS+, meaning that you only will se the textured surfaces in the Part\ Assambely modes.. If you try to render it in VS+ you will end up with an plane and solide coloure the plases you have added textures \ Face Style.

If you want the texture to show when rendering in VS+ you`ll need to make these textures as an part alone. kind of making an sticker and then mounte it on in the assambely, this way the textures will show in the rendered image because VS+ supports redering on surfaces when it is the same textures over the whole surface, but not if you split up the surface.

Hope you understands, ask if not, my english stiks.. hehe

Here is an little exampel i made to show.. the tow yellow labels are made as 2 parts, then plased on the main part inn the assambely before rendering...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails render.jpg  

Thanks Eivind

It's been a while since trying the image thing and since i have been involved on the site,but it's good to be back..!

Thanks for the tips, i will definately give them a try out and see what happens,if you can make a movie that would help..!

Your english is very readable better than my norwegian(which doesn't exist,sorry!)

Rob

Labelling

Hi Eivind,

I have a great success with your tips....easy when you know how uh..!! Thanks

Would you have any idea how you might apply the image to a multiple curved face such as shown behind the cylinder on the attached bitmap...I have tried
    your original method but it doesn't work as well.I can only get it to apply the image to each individual curve...ie three seperate images instead of one flowing image over the the whole face
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Labelling.jpg