587,421 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Just purchased VF2 -- now waiting for it to arrive -

Hybrid View

Re: Just purchased VF2 -- now waiting for it to arrive -

Yes, it was pretty much just one year ago in December I decided I was going to buy my machine because they were running 10% off. Then just a few months later pretty much all their VF machines got a price reduction of a few thousand dollars without a sale, then in spring time they ran a 5% off sale so the price in the end was the same as I paid with my "glorious" 10% off, Now they are bringing 10% off in addition to cheaper pricing. So now the same machine is actually cheaper than when I bought it and comes with 30 tools standard along with a servo for the side mount as well. But hey, it pushed me to make a purchase and made me a lot of money so it all worked out. I noticed Haas now offers a through spindle coolant prep upgrade in case you want to upgrade later, that's one option I may have gotten because I could not afford or justify through spindle coolant at the time but I can see myself using in the future. Then again, its money that could just be used toward another machine instead. Anyways good luck with your purchase. I found it hard to go back to working on my Tormach after getting my Haas.

Right on Herrmc. I just moved up from a tormach 1100 to a VM3 also. It got released from haas today. I think it should be delivered next thursday! When do you get yours?

s3jesse -- Mine is supposed to ship on Jan 9 ... and arrive on Jan 11 ....