I am working to get the 2010 Screenset up and running on my CNCRouterParts Pro with their smooth stepper electronics package and all the homing switches.

If I tell it to do the Simple Auto Zero it works fine. Probes down, stops, moved up, and probes again slowly.

If I tell it to do the other Auto Zero, it also works fine. Probes the mobile plate, moves to the fixed plate, probes, moves up, probes slowly.

The issue comes in when I run code that does a tool change ( Vcarve pro with the 2010 Post Processor ).
I tell to use the other Auto Zero, which works fine.
It comes back and starts the gcode program and runs correctly.
It moves to the tool change position, and I change the tool.
I hit Cycle start and it moves over to the X,Y position of the fixed plate and starts moving down.

It probes for a while but doesn't get close to the plate. Stops, moves up a tiny bit, and starts probing again.

My fixed plate ( 1/8" piece of steel ) is mounted to the top of a base layer of MDF off to the side.
I have a piece of 3/4" MDF as a spoil board that sits on top of the base layer.
The materials are mounted to the spoil board.
So the fixed plate sits below the material Z0 by about 1.5" for say a 3/4" piece of material.

Safe Z is not enabled ( Yet, working on one thing at a time ).

I've tried different combinations of Clearance Plane and Tool Change Heights but haven't gotten it to work.

It seems like it just doesn't move far enough in the Z direction for the second probe but I haven't found where to change that or if that is a good idea.
I could raise my fixed plate up if needed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.