I was looking at a new SY turning center and found that it now was sold with an OI-TF where older models were sold with 31I-A controls. I began to try to understand the difference between the controls and found information implying that 31I-B controls can process blocks of code at a speed of 1 line per 0.4ms or possibly as fast as 1 line per 0.2ms. That means at 0.4ms 12000 lines of code would take 0.8 minutes to be read.

The OI-F control information I was able to find on my phone somewhere I no longer can find, implied 4.0ms per line. AKA 12,000 lines of code would take 8 minutes to be read.

This suggested dynamic milling strategies for roughing would be out the window (Useless) with the OI-T control. We have a 12,000 line milling operation in one of our 31I-B machines on the floor running 1minute 35 second run time. That operation is providing very efficient material removal and very long tool life, so these are basically strategies which obviously make us money.

Does anyone know the answer here? This is a package 1 OI-TF Fanuc control. We are wondering if the machine has training wheels in this situation, for lack of the correct type control to give it full capabilities.