586,094 active members*
4,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions
Page 9 of 14 7891011

Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

The issue with the 6 tools instead of 10 is solved. At my controller the amount of tools are set in parameter 3409. The other issue still remains.

In T2 I have a end mill which sticks out around 60mm from the holder. In T10 I have a end mill which stick out of the holder around 34mm. So the difference in length is about 26mm.

• First I erase all z values in the tool table
    • Then I set the x and Y coordinate of G54 to 0,0 above an edge of my workpiece (in this case machine coordinates x750, y750)
    • Then I zero all relative coordinates
    • Then I go to the length measuring menu and by tool number I set it to 2.
    • Then I press cycle start. The tool now is being measured
    • After measuring is completed I go to X0,Y0 via MDI
    • I lower the tool tip to the top of the material and press delta-z (in this case machine coordinate z-75)
    • I go back to the tool length menu and now set tool 10 and press cycle start
    • The machine is storing tool T2 and is picking up T10 and measures it
    • Then I go to x0,y0,z0 via MDI
    • The machine goes to machine coordinates x750, y750, z-75

It should go to x750, y750 z-101. -75 minus the 26mm shorter tool is -101. Now my tool is 26mm above my actual z0 point.

When I look into the tool table the z of T2 is 161.069 and of T10 is 187.751. So if you subtract these values you roughly have the 26mm difference in tool length which seems correct. But apparently the controller is not using the Delta-z values and I don’t understand why. Anyone experience with this issue?

Hi to all,
    I'm new to the forum... and in need some technical assistance. In return, I may be able to help with Chinese translations, having native Taiwanese on staff.
    We have a Chinese-made CNC table 2.0m x axis 4.0m y axis 0.3m z axis working volume, equipped with a 6kW HSD spindle, EcoCam EOT-3 oscillating knife, EcoCam TCT-2 creasing wheel, and a Syntec 6MB controller.
    The machine has never been fully operational due to a disturbingly large number of wiring faults. I believe these wiring issues are now all fixed after exhaustive rework by our technicians.
    When we boot up the machine, we get a range of alarm messages which we have worked through and eliminated... except the last 'Motion 9 A axis servo driver alarm'. This one has us stumped. The A axis refers to the knife and creasing wheel. All hardware (drivers and knife/ creasing modules) and wiring appears perfect, so the cause of the alarm remains a mystery.
    Next move is to check the appropriate axis parameters set in the Syntec controller... 2401 and on???
    I read in the forums that there is a Syntec manual (Chinese) which deals with configuration and parameters. If anyone has a copy, it would be a great help, as I can have it translated into English for the benefit of all.
    I am sure the Syntec controller is doing exactly what it is programmed to do... I suspect our issues lie with incorrect parameter settings.
    Any advice is welcomed.

Hello Harro

The documents you are requesting you should be able to find from Syntec America's site under the support section. SyntecAmerica.com | Support

That alarm is a little harder to trouble shoot as it stems from the drive. Either the wiring, parameters, or the drive itself. Did you guys change the parameters from how it came in originally? If you did not I'm going to guess the wiring may be off. That seems most likely. Did you guys change much with the wiring? What brand of servos is used on that machine?

hi Guys, new user with a question on safe Z height hardcoded into the machine.

3m x 2m bed, ECOCAM EOT 3 head and HSD Italy spindle. no ATC

Everything works fine on the machine, but when cutting with the EOT knife we have a curious hitch.
    with the Gcode setup to have a 6mm travel its all fine, the knife will raise up to 6mm to travel to the next point, but when it gets to that point the blade then raises again slowly to around 25mm above the travel height, and then turns and plunges slowly. we have tried all sorts to remove this step but we cant. could it be the machine safe Z height that is set on the syntec controller and how can we change that?

It is possible that the Z safe height is stored in the parameters somewhere, but I think in this case it is best to just edit the G code you have set up. Sounds like a custom Gcode? If it is the Gcode movements are written in the macro folder of the back up. It would be easy to change that to the Z height you prefer inside that program. Changing the Z height set on the machine may affect other things where that height is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    It is possible that the Z safe height is stored in the parameters somewhere, but I think in this case it is best to just edit the G code you have set up. Sounds like a custom Gcode? If it is the Gcode movements are written in the macro folder of the back up. It would be easy to change that to the Z height you prefer inside that program. Changing the Z height set on the machine may affect other things where that height is needed.
    thanks for the reply. do you mean in the G54 code? it looks to me like the knife lifts to the same height as the machine travel height, which makes sense as the machine is travelling, however its adding a huge amount of time to programs that take a couple of hours on a zund or similar machine.
    Where would I be able to edit the G54 or look at the instructions in it? failing that, where can i alter the safe travel height to see if its that that is causing the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by scarletmango View Post
    thanks for the reply. do you mean in the G54 code? it looks to me like the knife lifts to the same height as the machine travel height, which makes sense as the machine is travelling, however its adding a huge amount of time to programs that take a couple of hours on a zund or similar machine.
    Where would I be able to edit the G54 or look at the instructions in it? failing that, where can i alter the safe travel height to see if its that that is causing the issue?
    What command is causing the Z axis to rise? Is it an M-code or a custom made G-code where it rises? The G54 just sets the 0 point of the workpiece I dont think it would cause it to move up. There is probably a macro written in for the EOT knife and in that macro there is probably a Z0 command. Maybe you can send me a copy of the NC file and machine backup so I can take a look.

HI
    you're now asking me questions that are outside of my scope! yes there is a Z0 command, my CNC operator thought that the Z0 was just to tell the machine it was using a knife, but it would make sense that it is the issue.
    how can i get a backup and where would i find the Z0 macro? if you PM me your email i'll get it all sorted out for you. really appreciate the help, its a great relief.

ok i have a backup, where do you need me to send it.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    Hello Harro

The documents you are requesting you should be able to find from Syntec America's site under the support section. SyntecAmerica.com | Support

That alarm is a little harder to trouble shoot as it stems from the drive. Either the wiring, parameters, or the drive itself. Did you guys change the parameters from how it came in originally? If you did not I'm going to guess the wiring may be off. That seems most likely. Did you guys change much with the wiring? What brand of servos is used on that machine?
    Thanks for your reply... I have downloaded the relevant documents from the SyntecAmerica site... very helpful indeed.

We are still weeding out what I hope are the last of the wiring faults... absolutely atrocious workmanship from the factory in this regard. After pains-takingly checking all the relevant parameters, I actually had the machine successfully run a test programme yesterday, which was a 'hallelujah' moment. Then a very strange thing happened... I rebooted the machine, only to have immediate Motion 9 error codes for the X, Y and Z servos. I had not changed anything at all. After a bit of head scratching, I checked pr 10 'Servo alarm type', and it had spontaneously (as in 'not by me') changed from 1 to 0??? I changed it back to 1, which is correct for this machine, and all worked more or less as before.

One other 'uncommanded' change was in the ratio of Z axis movement... the actual travel had reduced to 80% of the indicated travel??? I reviewed the parameters, and found pr 63 (from memory) 'Z axis encoder resolution' had changed (not by me) from 12500 to 10000. I changed it back to the previous value, and all is fine.

I will observe the machine fairly closely for a while, and watch for any 'uncalled-for behavior'. Thanks to the US documents, I can now find my way around the innumerable parameters, and error codes, and spot anything which is out of place.

Do you have any idea what might have caused the pr 10 and pr 63 changes I described? It is a mystery to me, and I can only think that there may be a previous back-up in the system that was somehow called into play??? Bit of a stretch, but 'something' happened. Anyway, it is all a good learning experience.

Re changing the 'factory' parameters, yes, some have been changed, with the factory's acknowledgement that the original settings were wrong Servos for X, Y, and Z axes are Yaskawa, and the A axis motors are EcoCam.

One question for you... can the Syntec 6MB support pulse/ direction control mode, or only CW/CCW mode?

That's enough from me...cheers.

just a quick note to say that Milan has identified and rectified the issue that i was experiencing, and suggested further improvements. Big thanks to him, he has really improved our machine setup!

Hello Philip / Syntec Engineer...
    I tried sending out an email for help.. but the address is closed and fails to deliver the email.

I hope someone can help with Uploading updated files to my SYNTEC 6MB controller

I hope you are doing well..

If you remember, I ordered Input and Output Boards for our CNC Router with 6MB controller.

I am designing additional functions and components I want to control with SYNTEC.

I always do backup for FlashDrive.. or through the NETWORK.

What is the best way to UPLOAD an updated Parameter file? or cnc.lad file?

Do they have to be in a .zip format?

I am having trouble uploading the files into SYNTEC.

Also...

Is there newer SYSTEM files for SYNTEC 6MB? should I be uploading the system ? or is it better to leave it alone if the system works OK?

I would not want to loose all my setups of the machine controller.

Maybe you have some English document about this process you could share?

Thank You VERY much

Useful Tips for CNC Router Machine Syntec Controller Operation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TgrGCD8HA

Hello SYNTEC users..
    Especially 6MB or 6MA..
    I need your help.

If you have a machine with a rotary tool changer... can you please upload your macros and ladder file here?
    all you have to do is make a backup.. (syntec usually makes a zip file) and upload it here please.

I am reverse engineering some of the comments and configurations.. to help english language users.

It would also help if you can tell me, if on the control panel.. near the ESTOP button, your CCW and CW buttons perform a function, and if the LEDs respond when you press these buttons

Thanks in advance..
    PM me if you preffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Copying files from SYNTEC or into SYNTEC is not a problem... but requires you to go to the system administartor menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hello Philip / Syntec Engineer...
    I tried sending out an email for help.. but the address is closed and fails to deliver the email.
    You can always email [email protected]

If you remember, I ordered Input and Output Boards for our CNC Router with 6MB controller.

I am designing additional functions and components I want to control with SYNTEC.

I always do backup for FlashDrive.. or through the NETWORK.

What is the best way to UPLOAD an updated Parameter file? or cnc.lad file?

Also...

Is there newer SYSTEM files for SYNTEC 6MB? should I be uploading the system ? or is it better to leave it alone if the system works OK?

I would not want to loose all my setups of the machine controller.

Maybe you have some English document about this process you could share?

Thank You VERY much
    The cnc.lad file you can upload through system admin->system data manager -> import
    Do not need to change the file extensions. The parameter file I do not upload. I would just change the parameters through the control.
    Macros would be uploaded the same way but with the macro manager. For those make sure there is no file extension at all.

I would not update the system unless you are having an issue. The 6 series are not getting major updates.

Syntec Engineer...
    Do you have sample ladders that use the CCW button and CW button for Rotary Tool Changers?

How do you recommend, I could program the ladder to rotate the A axis 90 degrees CCW when I press that button, and also 90 debrees CW when I press that button... Or should that be done with a macro?...

I need to see examples of such ladders to learn more about this.

Thank YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Syntec Engineer...
    Do you have sample ladders that use the CCW button and CW button for Rotary Tool Changers?

How do you recommend, I could program the ladder to rotate the A axis 90 degrees CCW when I press that button, and also 90 debrees CW when I press that button... Or should that be done with a macro?...

I need to see examples of such ladders to learn more about this.

Thank YOU
    If you have a servo motor controlling the rotary it can be very easy. Just need go to the "cnc" section in mlc edit and under F5 you should see the axis move. From their you just assign 4 unused consecutive Rbits for the move.

1st Rbit = the displacement for the movement you want.
    2nd Rbit = feedrate in mm/min
    3rd Rbit = 0 for incremental and 1 for absolute mode
    4th Rbit -> must be kept at 0. Usually just do not use it in the PLC anywhere so it stays 0.

For example Have the input trigger all of the below.
    Move 10000 to R1024
    move 1000 to R1025
    move 0 to R1026
    Then use that "axis move" Axis 5 by R1024.

The above should move your 5th axis by 10 mm at 1000 mm/min in an incremental move. Should work the same for degrees. So for a 12 tool carousal just move it 30 degrees.

Lastly have that input add/subtract 1 to R101 which will display the "next bucket" on the tool number page. This will keep the next tool locations tracked since it was moved manually and it will no where it is in the tool change. Do you have the PLC development manual?

Hello Syntec Engineer...
    So good to hear from you.

Thank you for the information you described.

I do plan to use a servo motor for Rotating the Tool Magazine... There will be 4 positions...

If you have a PLC Development Manual.. or other manuals that you think will help.. can you send them to me please.?

My email is [email protected]

Much thanks in Advance...

Also.. Your Private Message mailbox is full.. so I could not send you direct message.

One more question? How do I write the values into the R-bits... I know I cannot do it from the "Diagnostic screen" .. I can only see them...

Do I record the Rbits somehow through Parameters?

Hi all,

we're currently planning some improvements to our machine. Most of them mechanically... from what I can tell the backlash compensation features of the Syntec 6 MB on our machine aren't enabled. Our portal is driven by rack and pinions in X and Y, only Z is driven by a ball screw. Has anyone some expierence how to set up backlash compensation ?

Another controller related issue is just the question if it's feasible to read out a external touch probe? We've got an inductive tool height setter to measure our tool lenght. And most of the time we're using a mechanical edge finder to locate our workpieces.
    The specific probe I've considered would be this one Wildhorse Innovations - Econo-Probe 3D Probe & Tool Height Setter , as far as I know our firmware on the controller doesn't feature probing routines unless for the tool lenght. But it might be possible to use custom gcode to set up probing routines. Only issue for me would be adressing it within that code or macro where I could need some advice to get started.

Page 9 of 14 7891011