Decided to make a guide on how to back up the hard drive of a mazak with the fusion control on it. these machines are getting old and hard drive problems are very common. make a backup of the hard drive on your machine before it dies. I saved myself $1900 by doing this and not buying one from mitsubishi.

What you need:

Another hard drive...I bought the exact same one my machine had in it on ebay for $40. You dont want to buy a huge HDD to put in this control. I dont think the bios will like it.

44 pin IDE to USB adapter. This allows you to plug your hard drive into a usb port to access the files.
http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-fil...dconverter.jpg

Free software
HDDGURU: HDD Raw Copy Tool

All you do is hook the cable up to the drive, copy your machines drive to an image file and then write that on the new HDD. Save the image file just incase you need to make another copy someday.
Its a straight forward process. Im posting this here because i want you guys to know this is possible. Mitsubishi did not lock the motherboard to the serial number of the hard drive. it might be locked to the volume serial number but the software copies that over. It copies the drives bit for bit and makes the partition exactly the same size.

Im going to experiment with SSD drives next.