586,060 active members*
4,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach Slant Lathe > Quick vid on how I indicate round tooling on the slant using a coaxial indicator.

Quick vid on how I indicate round tooling on the slant using a coaxial indicator.

Just a quick vid showing how i indicate center on gang tooling on the slant using a coaxial indicator.

https://youtu.be/ltd37RwUmBQ

Re: Quick vid on how I indicate round tooling on the slant using a coaxial indicator.

Thanks for the video. FWIW, I find it easier/quicker to align the co-ax indicator to the gang tool holder with the co-ax spinning at a few hundred rpm. Most of the time, though, I do the alignment with my Haimer probe in 3/4-in 5C collet in the spindle, though that takes a bit of math..

Re: Quick vid on how I indicate round tooling on the slant using a coaxial indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Thanks for the video. FWIW, I find it easier/quicker to align the co-ax indicator to the gang tool holder with the co-ax spinning at a few hundred rpm. Most of the time, though, I do the alignment with my Haimer probe in 3/4-in 5C collet in the spindle, though that takes a bit of math..
    Do you know if Haimer makes a lathe tool setting tip? I know there is such a tool but it's freaking $800!
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

The Body Armor Dude - Andrew