586,108 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Upgrade of Huanyang vfd
Page 17 of 19 71516171819

Re: Upgrade of Huanyang vfd

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    No hurry...i am here all night
    Tried pm you but it won't work. Can you enable it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ericks Guest

Looked....it is enabled

Do you find using pwm that the frequency fluctuates when in use?

If I select s12000 to get 200hz/12000rpm

The vfd reads 195 - 205...ish

I don't recall this happens using the external pot.

ericks Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by potts43 View Post
    Do you find using pwm that the frequency fluctuates when in use?

If I select s12000 to get 200hz/12000rpm

The vfd reads 195 - 205...ish

I don't recall this happens using the external pot.

It should not fluctuate....!

It should not fluctuate....!
    Oh....thought not. Nothing is straight forward.

ericks Guest
    Oh....thought not. Nothing is straight forward.

Remember that this analog signal will be prone to interference....screened cable is a must!

Remember that this analog signal will be prone to interference....screened cable is a must!
    Ok I need to buy some. What should I look for?

ericks Guest

Its important that you try and keep your analog signal wiring away from the main power cables. You can cross them if need be but dont let them run parallel to each other. Your drive manual should give you info on this aspect too....most screened cables would be fine....

Its important that you try and keep your analog signal wiring away from the main power cables. You can cross them if need be but dont let them run parallel to each other. Your drive manual should give you info on this aspect too....most screened cables would be fine....
    Ok cheers

ericks Guest

I know its a lot but you should try and go through your drive manual cause it gives very good information on mounting, protection, wiring etc. of your drive. Personally i go through the manual before i even decide to buy a drive. They will guide you re the earthing of the screen too.

ericks Guest

"3.1.3 EMC-Correct InstallationFollowing these guidelines is advised, where compliance with EN 61000-6-3/4, EN 55011 or EN 61800-3 First environment is required. If the installationis in EN 61800-3 Second environment, then it is acceptable to deviate from these guidelines. It is however not recommended.Good engineering practice to ensure EMC-correct electrical installation:• Use only braided screened/armoured motor cables and control cables.The screen should provide a minimum coverage of 80%.The screen material must be metal, not limited to but typically copper, aluminium, steelor lead. There are no special requirements for the mains cable.• Installations using rigid metal conduits are not required to use screened cable, but the motor cable must be installed in conduit separate fromthe control and mains cables. Full connection of the conduit from the drive to the motor is required. The EMC performance of flexible conduitsvaries a lot and information from the manufacturer must be obtained.• Connect the screen/armour/conduit to earth at both ends for motor cables and control cables.• Avoid terminating the screen/armour with twisted ends (pigtails). Such a termination increases the high frequency impedance of the screen,which reduces its effectiveness at high frequencies. Use low impedance cable clamps or glands instead.• Ensure good electrical contact between the de-coupling plate and the metal chassis of the frequency converter, see Instruction MI.02.BX.YY.• Avoid using unscreened/unarmoured motor or control cables inside cabinets housing the drive(s), where possible."

From the manual

"3.1.3 EMC-Correct InstallationFollowing these guidelines is advised, where compliance with EN 61000-6-3/4, EN 55011 or EN 61800-3 First environment is required. If the installationis in EN 61800-3 Second environment, then it is acceptable to deviate from these guidelines. It is however not recommended.Good engineering practice to ensure EMC-correct electrical installation:• Use only braided screened/armoured motor cables and control cables.The screen should provide a minimum coverage of 80%.The screen material must be metal, not limited to but typically copper, aluminium, steelor lead. There are no special requirements for the mains cable.• Installations using rigid metal conduits are not required to use screened cable, but the motor cable must be installed in conduit separate fromthe control and mains cables. Full connection of the conduit from the drive to the motor is required. The EMC performance of flexible conduitsvaries a lot and information from the manufacturer must be obtained.• Connect the screen/armour/conduit to earth at both ends for motor cables and control cables.• Avoid terminating the screen/armour with twisted ends (pigtails). Such a termination increases the high frequency impedance of the screen,which reduces its effectiveness at high frequencies. Use low impedance cable clamps or glands instead.• Ensure good electrical contact between the de-coupling plate and the metal chassis of the frequency converter, see Instruction MI.02.BX.YY.• Avoid using unscreened/unarmoured motor or control cables inside cabinets housing the drive(s), where possible."

From the manual
    Cheers bud

Ok I need to buy some. What should I look for?

If you have an old computer mouse, the cable on that is almost always shielded, you can use that nothing to buy
    Mactec54

ericks Guest

Cheers bud

I plan to pull out my scope, going to take a closer look at mach3 pwm......will share my findings

just want to see how different settings affect the pwm signal

Definitely a pulse type fluctuation using the Bob. Rewired the external pot and turned off the spindle and it is much more stable. Will order some cy cable today.

Will try cutting something too.

ericks Guest

Definitely a pulse type fluctuation using the Bob. Rewired the external pot and turned off the spindle and it is much more stable. Will order some cy cable today.

Will try cutting something too.

Thats good. you have to get the hardware stuff right else you will pick up endless issues

ericks Guest

I am just running mine on a table.....no analog and mains cables close to each other. With my new design i purposely tried to separate the mains stuff from the controls.
    Your VFD will generate a lot of "noise".....your switching power supplies too

ericks Guest

Will this be your first cutting on the machine?

ericks Guest

A few years back at my old job we had a sealing machines that was controlled by a plc....we had endless issues with them, also no software to allow us to edit the program. The company did not want to spend money on them cause they planned to send them to China sometime. Meantime they caused me lots of hassles on shift. Anyway it had a VFD, few solenoids heating controllers etc. Since i design microcontroller based stuff i decided to build a dedicated controller for the machines. It work very well however due to the massive amount of "noise" generated by the drive and solenoids my micro would reset from time to time causing problems. Lets just say i spent more than 80 hours redesigning the pcb design and layout. Sorted it at the end without any filtering on the mains. What i found was that most of the noise was coming through the mains power....this noise came mainly from all the switching solenoids, VFD and switch mode power supplies. So good earthing, separation of circuits and filtering is a good idea. Don't be fooled by these bob's saying that they isolated the inputs and outputs....that is good but you can still get issues through the mains and power supplies back to your pc.....

A few years back at my old job we had a sealing machines that was controlled by a plc....we had endless issues with them, also no software to allow us to edit the program. The company did not want to spend money on them cause they planned to send them to China sometime. Meantime they caused me lots of hassles on shift. Anyway it had a VFD, few solenoids heating controllers etc. Since i design microcontroller based stuff i decided to build a dedicated controller for the machines. It work very well however due to the massive amount of "noise" generated by the drive and solenoids my micro would reset from time to time causing problems. Lets just say i spent more than 80 hours redesigning the pcb design and layout. Sorted it at the end without any filtering on the mains. What i found was that most of the noise was coming through the mains power....this noise came mainly from all the switching solenoids, VFD and switch mode power supplies. So good earthing, separation of circuits and filtering is a good idea. Don't be fooled by these bob's saying that they isolated the inputs and outputs....that is good but you can still get issues through the mains and power supplies back to your pc.....
    That sounds like a nightmare situation. They're lucky having someone with your experience that's able to troubleshoot to that depth!

I've owned it for about 6 months. Cut quite a few bits so hopefully it will go well. These latest issues came from my Chinese vfd erroring on boot up. I replaced it with this one....it was supposed to have been set-up before it was dispatched to me.....you know the rest. Jokers!

Page 17 of 19 71516171819