I've ordered a Chinese 3020 cnc router and a DDCSV off line controller. The router is advertised as USB, but the pictures show a parallel port so I'm not sure what I'm getting. Either can be wrong (or both). It doesn't matter because I'm not going to run it with a computer. I also ordered a break out board w/ optoisolators and a parallel (RS232, 25 pin) I/O port. I had initially intended to remove whatever break out board was in the Router controller and direct wire the DDSCV but I opted for the isolators on the break out board. In my research of boards, I noticed a seeming universality when looking at the wiring diagrams. Some even showed RS232 pin outs with the same wire labels. My question is, are the pinouts universal? If the router I get should have the RS232 connector, and I wire the DDSCV with a RS232 panel socket (using the pinouts from the router controller) will a simple parallel cable work? I realize that I'll have to rectify some power supply problems, but it never occurred to me that the off line controller might just plug into the router. I assumed I'd have to custom wire some sort of harness (based on RS232) to accommodate dozens of changes. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has done this conversion. I won't get anything for another week, so if there is anything else I might need I'll have time to find it.