Hi guys,
I'm lost and appologize for the long post. I have rebuilt a lagun milling machine with mach3, akz250 usb motion card, and viper tune STEP2Linear with great success. I have built a small auto tool zero device based on a PCB. My set up has been working no problems for the last 3 years until my laptop crashed...of course no back up. New laptop, re installed Mach3 (liscenced to me) and reinstall the usb driver, redid all the settings motor tuning, inputs outputs, everything works perfect except...auto tool zero!
- its the exact same set up...pin 5 is high and is connected to the pcb as the machine and tool are grounded. If I touch the tool with the pcb, the del goes out.
I can machine fine...I just can't zero tool probe. Directly From the MIDI command line I get nothing either...for example:
g1
f12
z0 (i get movement)
g31 z1 or x1 or y1...nothing

if I switch the pin to active high ( or "x" active low if you wish) g31 gives me an error as the pin is already high when g31 is called...As expected
from z0, g31 z.005 will give me the error "bla bla bla less than 0.01in" as expected. It seems to be working right.

So, I have reinstalled Mach3 and reinstalled the usb card driver. I have tried 3 other inputs with the exact same result. I have unpluged the probe and just run the pin high...still does not move. I have played with the debounce interval (in increment from 10 to 10 000) still nothing. I have, of course, edited the zero tool button: it resets DRO to 0, seams to skip the G31 line, and readjust Z according to my PCB thickness and final displacement I have programmed.

it use to work...What am I missing? Many Thanks
Eric