42. You may not vote on this poll
  • yup. I am there

36 85.71%
  • Nope, not for me

6 14.29%
Page 3 of 11 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172 View Post
    saturday. Is that 6:00 pacific?
    A Google search shows a map with the US having 4 time zones.

Pacific, Mountain, Central, & Eastern, each 1 hour apart.

The "Chat" is scheduled for 7:00 PM Central time which is 8:00 Eastern.

I believe Pacific would be 5:00 & Mountain 6:00

Check to see where Mickey's hands are on your wrist watch, depending on your time zone.

Mlaws-
    I believe it would be 5:00 pacific, if the pacific is still the body of water next to California:drowning: Wasn't sure if they had changed that again.....

I have been logging in asmuch as an hour early, just to make sure of anyone getting their time zones out of whack.

WeldTutor-
    I can only read digital time, so my Mickey watch does me no good. It always reads the same time 123456789101112 o'clock is when?

Mr. Box-
    No, I haven't foregone watching your build thread, I just haven't had any input (is that possible?), and have been busy "moderating" or whatever they call it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Quote Originally Posted by massajamesb View Post
    123456789101112 o'clock is when?
    I thought you could only use 1 & 0 for digital. Perhaps that is causing some confusion with all those other numbers on your clock.

Do your CNC motors run clockwise, or counter clockwise or are you wise in that terminology?:bs:

And now about that collection of "hot pictures" is that referring to CNC plasma arcs at 30,000 degrees, (flame2) or did I miss something?

Now back to the plasma chat session. With the increased interest, will you still be providing the free beer,:cheers: or will we have to revert to BYOB this week?

Yes this post has CNC content!

Hi Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Weldtutor View Post
    I thought you could only use 1 & 0 for digital. Perhaps that is causing some confusion with all those other numbers on your clock.

Do your CNC motors run clockwise, or counter clockwise or are you wise in that terminology?:bs:

To say I was wise in that terminology would be alluding to a very big assumption that I am wise at all :withstupi

And now about that collection of "hot pictures" is that referring to CNC plasma arcs at 30,000 degrees, (flame2) or did I miss something?
    Inside joke. Lol, that's all I can say at this time. Ask Thkoutsidthebx or Gerry if you want a good laugh.

Now back to the plasma chat session. With the increased interest, will you still be providing the free beer,:cheers: or will we have to revert to BYOB this week?

Yes this post has CNC content!

Well, now that you mention it, Weldtutor, I will offer up a free E-beer to anyone who attends.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

-RedGreen show.

Massajamesb-

I found out last night that I have to work Sat. so I won't be able to attend the chat

Let me know when the next one is, I would like to attend that one.

Steve

Well, Steve, honestly we are playing it by ear at this point, from week to week. Hopefully, given interest being shown this week, we will do it again the following week. Same time, same place, unless a large number of members vote to move the day/time.

Sorry you couldn't be there, hopefully we will see you next time

-RedGreen show.

Well, here is a reminder for those interested. Tomorrow at 7:00 central.

This week may be a bit thin, as a few members have notified me that they will not be there, but anyone who wants to show up is more than welcome.

-RedGreen show.

Ok got it.....tomorrow at 7.

Only kidding, today at 7!

Don't think I can make it. But have fun without me .

Well, we had a few members show up late, but two or three show up on time, and had a great discussion, that actually went on until almost 11 oclock.
    I have been conferring with a few Zone members about it, and it seems that the members who show up for the plasma chat enjoy it, and usually learn something. So, I am going to say that we members give it another go this next weekend, and if we have another good turnout, then I will make it a permanent thing, at least as far as moderating it every week. I am seeing a new member or two show up each week, so perhaps that trend will continue.
    I do appreciate the involvement of everyone who has shown up, whether they care about, own, or are building a cnc plasma machine or not. Thanks, guys, for your support of the site.

I am considering starting a thread in which the participating members can suggest topics for consideration, both general and specific. I have already had several requests for a how-to on setting up, running, and using Sheetcam, for instance.

I know it is difficult for some to show up, as Saturday nights are usually busy for some people, but if you can, sit in for a bit. It aint quite as entertaining or rewarding as taking the significant other out for dinner and a movie, but it is still a good time, and (I hope) educational.

-RedGreen show.

Talking

WOW!!! Another great night in the chatroom.
    Had some fun
    Learned some good stuff
    Picked on Massa a little... (nuts) :wee: :banana:
    And met some other members (new and old)

All-in-all one hell of a great night!

See you next Saturday... Same Time... Same Place

Quote Originally Posted by The Inventor View Post
    WOW!!! Another great night in the chatroom.
    Had some fun
    Learned some good stuff
    Picked on Massa a little... (nuts) :wee: :banana:
    And met some other members (new and old)

All-in-all one hell of a great night!

See you next Saturday... Same Time... Same Place
    Damn! Next weekend I'm there. I cant believe I missed out on the picking on massa!!

Seriously though, next weekend I have got to try and be there. Maybe I'll get up earlier on Sat so I can have a lie in on Sun or something...

Lol, everyone pick on massa. Must be a new hobby or sport of some kind. Of course, it could just be payback for all the times I have picked on you, Sketch.
    You are 6 hours ahead of central time, aren't you? That only makes it 1 am over there. That ain't late! When I work night shift, I stay up all night (well, for the record, anyway).

-RedGreen show.

Quote Originally Posted by massajamesb View Post
    ...Must be a new hobby or sport of some kind. Of course, it could just be payback for all the times I have picked on you, Sketch.
    You are 6 hours ahead of central time, aren't you? That only makes it 1 am over there. That ain't late! When I work night shift, I stay up all night (well, for the record, anyway).
    MassaBashing.....(nuts)...tis fun! Payback is sweet.

I think Im 5 hrs ahead, that makes it midnight here....are you having the chat at 7pm CST or CDT ?
    http://www.dxing.com/utcgmt.htm

But when you are not working the night shift, do you still sleep during daylight and stay up at night? ......massa the vampire machinist!

I am pretty sure it is CDT right now (because of daylight savings time) but I might have it bassackwards.

Actually, I work three different shifts (1-6am-2pm, 2-2pm-10pm,2-10pm-6am ) and have my 30-40 hours a week at my shop, as well as my family, to take care of.

So, I actually don't have much of a set sleeping schedule. It would be nice to say that I could just sleep at one set time, all the time.

-RedGreen show.

Cool Been there

James,

Had great time last weekend. Learned a few things as well as some new people on the site. I will try to be here this weekend and see if we can do some more "Massa bashing"(chair)

Just kidding. Hope more will show up and really make things interesting!!!

Later

Gary

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by grinder_gary View Post
    James,

see if we can do some more "Massa bashing"(chair)

Just kidding.
    Later

Gary
    Hey Gary... that was the best part.... he kept getting deeper and deeper in
    the doggie "DO-DO" :wee:

Hey Massa... don't forget to bring some more pictures like last week... hehehehe
    (Insiders joke for those that were there, you'll have to show up to find out
    what it's all about.)

Lol, thanks guys Hopefully this Saturday will have plenty of entertainment as well, even if it yall making fun of me.
    I suppose this is the friendly weekly reminder for everyone that we are still on for tomorrow evening, 7:00 central.

-RedGreen show.

I got out of work, so I am going to try to be there.

Steve

Unhappy

Sorry Massa... best layed plans don't work the way they should some times.

Just got here at 10:30 central time...

You don't have to apologize to me , I am not the one who payed for your admission ticket

-RedGreen show.

Page 3 of 11 12345