586,103 active members*
3,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 11M on Toyoda FH55 Indexing Question

Fanuc 11M on Toyoda FH55 Indexing Question

I have a customer with a Toyoda FH55, Fanuc 11M with "B" axis rotary. He's programming an unclamp, index (with B), and clamp. He swears up and down that he used to be able to program an A command, which would automatically unclamp, index, and clamp. At least he had this capability until one of his ex operators erased all his programs (I'm assuming macros, too). I didn't find anything in the F11M manual about calling a macro with an A, so I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines, and if so, do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Dave

As far as I can recall.... You can call custom macros with a "M" code, "G" code, "T" code or "S" code..... Can't think of being able to call with "A". Maybe he's confusing it with a macro call line and "A" being a variable set on the call line??

Of course, I'm not sure why you'd want to use an "A" command for a B axis.... Seems to confuse the issue for me. Something else to check for.... It might not be a FANUC thing. Look in the programming manual for Toyoda. Maybe they have some code that used for that purpose. Something they added on top of the FANUC base system....
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

I agree with psycomill. I have been running Toyoda's since the early 90's and have never heard of calling an "A" command, for a "B" axis rotation. He should contact Toyoda service for this, he may have to reinstall of his parameters back to factory settings. Especially his Custom Macro "B"'s for his touch sensor probe. IF he has this option. I had one of my operators dump all of my parameters for a 2001 series FH 1050, and I had to reload them all.

Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I have a customer with a Toyoda FH55, Fanuc 11M with "B" axis rotary. He's programming an unclamp, index (with B), and clamp. He swears up and down that he used to be able to program an A command, which would automatically unclamp, index, and clamp. At least he had this capability until one of his ex operators erased all his programs (I'm assuming macros, too). I didn't find anything in the F11M manual about calling a macro with an A, so I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines, and if so, do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Dave
    You can assign a,b or c to a rotary axis on any fanuc control it depends on what axis you have it rotating around.

redcobra

heres you sub for b axis using (G70 B#;)

BE GLAD YOU HAVE A FANUC CNC
    I HAD TO DO THIS ON A FANUC 18M

I DONT KNOW THE SPECIFIC PARAMETER #'S DUE TO THE FACT YOU HAVE A 11M AND I HAVE A 18M CNC
    THEY MIGHT BE THE SAME PARAMETER #'S BUT THERES NO GURANTEE

FIND THE FANUC OPERATION MANUAL THAT CAME WITH YOUR CNC

FIND THE SECTION ABOUT G CODE MACRO CALL AND THE VARIABLES SECTION *******READ IT********

NOW YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO USE A G CODE TO CALL A SUBPROGRAM
    MAINLY ANY G CODE YOU SPECIFY THAT IS NOT BEING USED ALREADY CAN BE USED TO CALL SUBPROGRAM #9001
    THE SUBPROGRAM NUMBER CAN BE FROM 9000-9999
    IF YOU READ THE SECTION ON G CODE MACRO CALL AND VARIABLES
    YOU WOULD AREADY KNOW THIS

IF,AND,GOTO,#100,#4 DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE STATEMENTS MEAN??
    IF THE ANSWER IS NO, YOU STILL DONT UNDERSTAND. ****READ YOU MANUAL SOME MORE***

YOU WILL HAVE TO SET SOME PARAMETERS
    YOU HAVE TO BE IN MDI: TO SET PARAMETERS
    YOU ALSO HAVE TO ENABLE "PARAMETER WRITE"
    TIP** IF YOU HIT BUTTONS CANCEL AND RESET SIMULTANEOUSLY
    IT WILL CLEAR THE PARAMETER WRITE ALARM

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH READ YOUR MANUAL
    EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS IN THAT BOOK
    THE "PARAMETER MANUAL" IS AN EXELLENT QUICK REFERENCE

YOU MAY HAVE TO READ THE SECTION ON (CRT, MDI, EDIT) SO YOU CAN VIEW PROGRAM #'S 9000 THRU 9999 THERE IS A LOCK OUT FEATURE THAT MAKES THESE PROGRAMS UNVIEWABLE FROM THE EDIT DIRECTORY
    WHICH YOU SHOULD FIND AND USE IF YOU GET THIS TO WORK

now goto edit mode
    "o9001;"
    M47; (single block ineffective)
    ;(m code for unclamp b axis)
    G0G90B#2; (index to said b angle USING LOCAL VARIABLE #2 THIS CORRESPONDS WITH THE LETTER B)
    G4X.1;(pause for b axis)
    ;(m code for table clamp)
    M48;
    M99;

THE B#2 IS A LOCAL VARIABLE, WHEN YOU SPECIFY A CERTIAN GCODE
    TO CALL A SUBPROGRAM
    THE LETTERS A3.0,B20,C4.0,D4. CORRESPOND TO LOCAL VARIABLES #1, #2, #3, #4
    WHAT EVER THE VALUE IS BEHIND THE LETTER, THAT VALUE IS STORED IN THE CORRESPONDING LOCAL VARIABLE

READ THE SECTION ON VARIABLES
    SOME LETTERS OF THE ALPHBET DO NOT CORRESOPND TO A VARIABLE ITS ALL LISTED IN THE MANUAL

SO "A" IS LOCAL #1 IT EQUALS 3.0000 RIGHT??
    THEN WHEN YOU WRITE YOU SUBPROGRAM IF YOU PUT THE " G0 B#1"
    THE MACHINE READS IT AS B3.0000 OR B3 DEG IN YOUR CASE

you can add a "G0 G91 G30 Z0; G90;" (TO HOME Z AXIS BEFORE INDEX)
    ADD THIS BEFORE THE M CODE FOR B AXIS UNCLAMP
    ALSO YOUR MACHINE MIGHT HAVE AN INTERLOCK TO FREEZE AXIS MOVEMENT IF THE TABLE IS UNCLAMPED

DONT BE DUMB, IF YOU DARE TO TRY THE ABOVE, DO NOT PUT THE "M47" IN THE PROGRAM ON YOUR FIRST TRY.
    ONCE THE CNC READS M47, THE CNC DOES NOT READ 1 BLOCK EVEN WITH SINGLE BLOCK BUTTON ON.
    UNTIL A "M48" IS READ THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THE SINGLE BLOCK BUTTON BECOME EFFECTIVE AGAIN
    "M48"
    I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL , MY FINGERS HURT
    GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL YOU DONOT WANT TO CRASH YOUR MACHINE WITH THE TABLE UNCLAMPED IM SURE A TOYODA COSTS A ****LOAD

Perhaps I need to rephrase my question:

Does anyone know if it's possible to call a macro with an "A" on a Fanuc 11M?

I know it's possible to call a macro with "G", but this customer is adamant that he just programmed an "A180" for example, and the table would unclamp, index, and clamp again. Just thought someone with a Toyoda or similar machine might have seen this.

By the way, the Caps Lock key is on the lower left, usually.

if your customer typed in A180 with no subprogram call.
    it would problably be a "plc" sequence type program
    or it has to have a full 4th axis, but
    why would toyoda designate a "b axis" to have a "A" to command it
    that just baffels me it dosent make sense to designate a Baxis and command it with an A (is the machine polish?)
    i don't think the "ex-operator" could have altered this
    i always thought the "plc" was the hardest thing to try to figure out
    if he just erased the subprograms and programs the plc would not have been erased.
    so either the "ex operator" is a evil genius, or he had to use the g code subprogram call

even so is it that hard to add "G## B##" to start an index??

can't you call toyoda to get some technical advice??

He should be able to call Toyoda service directly. By the way, Toyoda doesn't call it a "A". A "B" axis is a "B" axis. This is a parameter issue.

TURTLE

As far as I know, you can't call a macro with an "A" command on the Fanuc 11M control. You only have parameters to call a macro with a G-code, an M-code, or a T-code.

The first question I would ask is this: Does this machine have a servo controlled 4th axis? If it does, then you would see an "A" or a "B" axis on the position display, and it would show the A or B axis out to three decimal places. A servo controlled A or B axis can be set up to automatically unclamp, move to position, then clamp again, and you would be able to move the A or B axis to any position with a resolution of .001 degree.

If this control does not have a full servo controlled 4th axis, it can still have a "B-3 digit" function that is similar to an M or T command. When you program a B command, a 3-digit BCD code is sent to the PC (the Ladder logic), where its supposed to move an indexer. The B 3-digit function is only used for indexers that have curvic couplings to lock the axis into position, and you can only command B axis positions in one degree increments. The functions of the B 3-digit style indexer would be controlled almost entirely by the PC ladder logic.

Thanks all for your help. I'll report back if I get anything from Toyoda.

A Index

His correct.
    We used to have one just like it, but sold it.
    The "A" command would call up macro M70 which would do the math,unclamp, index to the proper location and clamp. Call Toyoda, they should be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post

Thanks,

Dave

sencinia,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'll try Toyoda. At least they won't think I'm crazy.

Dave

Hello looks the only way to lose the macro or program Plc
    Is that your control 11 were left without batteries and that is how you could lose all information

At the table have worked a and b but the shaft is always B
    And there is a macro or sub program at the end machining makes changing tables check your manual operator in this information

And this machine has a table indexante that is capable of moving at least 1 degree unlike a 4-axis you can move into smaller divisions
    And if the problem is that no moves have to revise the terms of the censors that are located on the table

And excuse my English but I'm just learning

I need to know whether the command m90 makes the change pallet
    if not done in controlling this in the pallet out of this indicates whether you ready to change with two outbreaks indicate that if the pallet is clamped or unclamped
    if these outbreaks are not lit does not make change

In my work I have 2 fh55 changer with two pallets and other changer with six pallets and similar problems

and if the censor is not in a position never réalisé the mobiment commanded nor marks an alarm

I think I can help
    only that I need more information to the problem

and again my apology but I am learning English and using a dictionary to translate

Hey dcoupar,

Did you ever find out how the machine moved B-Axis with the A command ?

I hate reading a book with the last few pages missing !

MysticMonkey,

No, I didn't. The customer ended up not needing it after all.