586,111 active members*
3,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Y axis very noisy Changes directions?

Y axis very noisy Changes directions?

When I toggle y axis it changes direction when I let of button and push it again. It is very noisy ? Any help ? It wasworking ok. Thanks Brian

Is it noisy in only one direction?

My Y axis driver started running rough, I believe due to a loose connection. It had to be replaced.

You should also check the thrust bearing nut and coupling screws.

-Jeff
    www.JeffAlbro.net/cnc/

:bs: :bs: Well think I found the problem, the Y axis ball screw is screwed. Ran the table out and there are ball bearings all over the place, looks like the snap ring came off the end of the shaft. Is there a way to get the balls back in the housing or is it wasted?(flame2) Brian

That's a bummer.

If you have all the balls, yes, you can re-load it. Run a search of cnczone using google to find the directions.

So, you ran the table out, lost some balls, and then heard the roughness, but didn't know you had lost the balls?

-Jeff
    www.JeffAlbro.net/cnc/

did nt know it happened till started to investigate why the Y axis was sounding like it was binding. Sounded like there was a load on the Y axis.

Is this on an X3?

On an X2, this should be impossible to do, due to the bearing flange on one end, and the column on the other.

-Jeff
    www.JeffAlbro.net/cnc/

super X3

Think I got bearing straightened out. Think I found the reason that happened, the Y motor spases out when I try to run it, like it don't know which way it wants to go? And its louder than the X motor. Any idea? thanks Brian

My X axis

my x-axis is doing the same thing, I am waiting on a new driver but I am going to go look at the ball screw right now. Does your y move better at faster feeds? My x will move if I am at a F50. or higher but at a lower feed it just faults out.

When I had my Y driver start making a racket... I turned off the power, and started switching cables.... If the problem moves, then you know it is an electronics problem.... if it stays with the axis, it's mechanical.

Never connect or disconnect a cable or go into the box with the power on. There may be other dangers to you or your equipment that I don't know about. CNCer beware.

Please note, I did this on an X2. On an X3, I think the Z motor is a NEMA 34, so I would only switch X and Y if they are the same type motor.

Note also, loose cables have been seen in multiple Syil driver enclosures. Start there.

-Jeff
    www.JeffAlbro.net/cnc/