586,096 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > New website design. Can you tell us what you think?

View Poll Results: How is the new site and what do you think?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks great!

3 42.86%
  • Same old boring content like everyone else.

1 14.29%
  • Needs a lot of work.

2 28.57%
  • Garbage! Re-do it all!

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

New website design. Can you tell us what you think?

We've recently updated our website and we would appreciate your feedback. Please visit ROSS – CNC and let us know what you honestly think. Should we add something? Is it missing something? Boring? Too much? Be honest, please.

You guys are our end users. Your opinion matters to us. The web designer, managers here at Ross, IT guys, etc. their opinion biased. We would appreciate any input from you.

Re: New website design. Can you tell us what you think?

I think there is still some space for a few more ads
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

One major fatal flaw. Could not get it to load.
    Chrome and Edge browser.
    Will try again later.
    Lee

seems to be faulty, i can not load it

It did load this time.
    There are a few spelling errors.
    Switch to thumbnail images that can be clicked for the large images. Most of the info is lost due to large images and I can tell you that people do not want to scroll the first thing when they come to a home page.
    Instead of having the home page carry the same info as the other specific repair pages, highlight it with a few pictures instead and outline your mission and services.
    Then populate the rest of the site.
    Lee

Thank you. The reason there is so much content/scrolling is because Google wants more content to be found and ranked higher. I need to make my users happy and Google.

GoDaddy is cheap, and their service reflects their prices. I need a new host.

Quote Originally Posted by RossCNC View Post
    Thank you. The reason there is so much content/scrolling is because Google wants more content to be found and ranked higher. I need to make my users happy and Google.
    Make it so Google see it and everyone else cannot.
    Just put that stuff in the proper place on the web page. You asked for thought's and I am saying the home page is too busy. Why even have links if everything is on the home page? Also consider that most users now are actually on smart phones. You have to make today's website mobile friendly.
    Lee

Super slow, and it's not showing all the posts - just one page out of 150 or so. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's better - change it back to how it was.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by RossCNC View Post
    not sure how much higher the forum needs to be ranked for indexing . As soon as I punch in cnc then google starts to display cnczone immediately . I think the volume of users is what is keeping the ranks up .
    I've changed websites a few times over the years for my business , and I had to learn how to push my site thru the ranks fast in order not to lose business . If anything should be a big concern then changing over to https should be a priority . Google is getting picky on security which is why I get " this is an unsecure connection " when I log onto the site . Google is pushing that all sites have https , and soon enough http will get pushed behind if not pushed into a ditch
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Ads? I didn't see any ads. I'd never allow any sort of ad on the site.

Edit , skip everything I said . I thought it was about the zone . sorry bout that

Site looks fine to me . May want to consider what I said about the https though , it's a painless enough thing to do

LOL! I chewed out my designer! He swore that there are no ads on our site, you commented back and then I went to a totally different computer just to check. I yelled at a 20 year old kid for no reason.

3hrs of sleep / night over a week period and this is what happens
    I think the ads on the forum distracted me from the proper subject

Honestly on my opinion it lacks animation, some cartoon characters that describe your offered services or products, flash images sometimes helps too, people nowadays are sometimes get fascinated with moving objects that if you click it slides, after effects and interaction of the page.