586,032 active members*
2,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Not Purchasing a CAD/CAM because you think it's too expensive??

Not Purchasing a CAD/CAM because you think it's too expensive??

I had a question. I wanna know who out there including hobbiest has not taken advantage of the ease of use a CAD/CAM can give you because they are afraid that it is going to burn a whole in thier pockets?

my biggest fear with a cad/cam program is getting one that is insufficient to do what i need it to. so basically i'm throwing away money by having to rebuy multiple programs. also i already have cad programs and really only need a cam portion.

I agree. I bought Bobcad a few years back, and it wasn't what I expected (or was told to expect). I ended up buying Mastercam and have been happy since.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner4404spd View Post
    my biggest fear with a cad/cam program is getting one that is insufficient to do what i need it to. so basically i'm throwing away money by having to rebuy multiple programs. also i already have cad programs and really only need a cam portion.
    Can I suggest looking into Dolphin CAD/CAM, even though there are simple CAD feature, it is mainly a CAM program. It is also reasonable in price so that you aren't spending alot for what you need. If you get a minute can I suggest taking a look at this website. www.cadcamconsultants.net

for 2 1/2D Cam, I don't think you can beat SheetCam.

Les has worked with us on any problems and it is continiously under development. Each time I think there is nothing else that can be done to improve it, Les amazes me and comes out with a new feature.

Questions on problems (real or imagined) are usually answered in short time and he doesn't demean you for making "stupid" questions.

Bubba
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Clark View Post
    I had a question. I wanna know who out there including hobbiest has not taken advantage of the ease of use a CAD/CAM can give you because they are afraid that it is going to burn a whole in thier pockets?
    Yup...$295 for cad/cam and $160 for mach3 is a lot of money for 'hobbyist'. Try a price point of $100-150.