586,567 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Parts need... Any help??

Parts need... Any help??

Well, I just bought a new savage25 R/C truck and have noticed that there are very few aftermarket aluminum and steel upgrades for the truck. This is supposed to be a moster truck.. Thus taking much abuse... How can I or anyone else make aftermarket aluminum peices for the truck?? I went to www.acncm.com and they have what I would like for my truck except its for the T/E Maxx.. How did they do this? Do they take a mold and inject the mold with a metal? Do the take a mold and then trasfer it to a cnc machine and the machine just mill it out of solid aluminum? Can anyone here do such a thing?

What part are you trying to make? Give us a link to a photo
    -Please check out my webiste-
    http://www.teilhardo.com

If it is the "skeleton", it looks like just a whole bunch of CNC cut pieces bolted together.

Ya, I'm looking to put togetht the whole "skeleton". It is just basically a bunch of peices screwed together. Can these types of hop ups be made on a cnc mill? How many axes would it require? How are the screw holes done? Do any of you have the ability to do this kind of stuff? How do they go from the plastic part to the aluminum part? Molds?

You would need a Vertical mill 3 axes, you would need to get a CAD/CAM software to re-draw the part and then to convert it to g code. You could and would cut the part out of wax or plastic inorder to test fit and once your happy than you would cut it out of alum etc.

What's the cheapest already built vertical mill that would have the capability of doing such a job out of aluminum?? What about plans?? I still don't understand how the holes for screws would be done since they need to be threaded..

You can buy threading tools (called taps and thread mills), and have the machine put the threads in for you. (Some CNCs can't do threading, so you may need to drill the hole on the CNC, then tap it by hand, not too difficult after you've done it a couple of times.)

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

debutis,
    I have a 3-axis mill here on my desk collecting dust. If you had an accurate drawing I could mill it out for you in a jiffy. Normally I would take your drawings and ceate a solid model to import into my CAM software and write the code. All I ask is that you supply me with the drawings, material and depending on how much you need done, a little scratch to pay for the electricity. I'm ultimatly trying to come up with a product that I can mill out and earn some money with this thing. It's really a very nice CNC mill!! If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!
    Dennis Schlack
    Applications Engineer
    D3 Technical Services
    Springfield, Missouri
    417-831-7171

You have pm

Yeah, I'm available to if you have the CAD drawings

We'll be happy to look at working with you on the parts. Give us a call... 806-626-0938 Ask for Dan. He owns the place and the shop makes parts for a lot of RC folks.

Jack.