586,075 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC 10T i can't change the parameter PWE

FANUC 10T i can't change the parameter PWE

Hello, i have a problem with my Takisawa TS10 using FANUC System 10T . X axis can't go to his home position ..i get the message X + overtravel (soft 1). Can somebody tell me ..something i can do? And the other problem is that i can't change the PWE from 0 to 1...getting the message write protected. tnx..

Re: FANUC 10T i can't change the parameter PWE

Dear,
    For changing parameter follow this step
    1.. MACHINE IN MDI MODE
    2. press softkey OFFSET than press Setting
    3. Parameter WRITE ENABLE -- MAKE IT 1 FROM 0
    4. NOW YOU CAN GO TO SYSTEM AND CHANGE PARAMETER

after those steps i just get a screen with : TV CHECK, INPUT DEVICE, OUTPUT DEVICE ..no write enable to change..from 0 to 1. ..

you put mode MDI and then offset key and then setting

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshchauhan View Post
    you put mode MDI and then offset key and then setting
    yup. just like you said.

then when you are going in setting there is parameter option not available.
    my whatsapp no. +971526305735.

X axis overtravel problem

If you hold P and Cancel during power up it will ignore the soft overtravel limits allowing you to reference the machine then it will function as normal

Its a problem we have once every blue moon on our takisawa machines

PWE
    If there is no pwe on that screen look at parameter 8000 there should be a pwe bit that you can change

A 10T should be pretty similar to my 11m (I know it is a mill) Look for a 2ndRL (2nd release). Put the machine in hand or jog mode (with the jog speed low). Then either turn the pulse generator or push the Jog buttons until it comes off the over limit. As for writing.. parameter 8000 bit 0 should be the PWE.

Quote Originally Posted by cosco View Post
    Hello, i have a problem with my Takisawa TS10 using FANUC System 10T . X axis can't go to his home position ..i get the message X + overtravel (soft 1). Can somebody tell me ..something i can do? And the other problem is that i can't change the PWE from 0 to 1...getting the message write protected. tnx..
    Hello cosco,
    The PWE bit is 8000.0, but you will find this parameter in the "SERVICE" and "SETTING" parameters. The PWE bit can't be set in the "SERVICE" parameter area. To set the PWE bit, proceed as follows:

1. Put the control into MDI Mode by either selecting MDI, or pressing the Emergency Stop.

2. Select the Setting screen by pressing the "SETTING" Soft Key.

3. Enter 8000

4. Press the Soft Key "INP-NO".

5. Press 1 and then the "INPUT" Soft Key to change the PWE bit. The control will enter an alarm status.

6. Press the Function Menu key and the Soft Key is changed to function select

7. Press the "SERVICE" Soft Key and then press "PARAM" Soft Key to select the Service Parameter screens.

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hello cosco,
    The PWE bit is 8000.0, but you will find this parameter in the "SERVICE" and "SETTING" parameters. The PWE bit can't be set in the "SERVICE" parameter area. To set the PWE bit, proceed as follows:

1. Put the control into MDI Mode by either selecting MDI, or pressing the Emergency Stop.

3. Enter 8000

5. Press 1 and then the "INPUT" Soft Key to change the PWE bit. The control will enter an alarm status.

7. Press the "SERVICE" Soft Key and then press "PARAM" Soft Key to select the Service Parameter screens.

Regards,

Bill
    Hello you need to hit the setting key 2 times to get to the next page..then you are able to set pwe to 1

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hello cosco,

3. Enter 8000

Regards,

Bill
    Hello Bill ..fyi you need to hit the setting key twice to get to the next page and set pwe to 1