586,058 active members*
3,214 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Takisawa Mac V1 Spindle went to high

Question Takisawa Mac V1 Spindle went to high

I have a Takisawa Mac V1E running a Fanuc 21-M controller and it's been a good machine but the spindle is stuck above the upper z envelope and the it will not respond to anything that I know how to do. It was in the middle of a tool change and I hit the reset button on accident thinking it was past the change. Normally it just gives me a over travel error, I clear it, manually jog it down. But this time it wouldn't clear and threw 1003 Sp. orientation position error and a 1005 sp. rotation prohibit area error. Even after turning the power full off and telling it to ignore soft OT in the override menu it still will not respond to movement inputs. I can't input MDI commands since it has these two errors on and I cannot clear them. I tried to manually turn the motor at the drive shaft to push the carriage down with the machine off but those are not turning easy enough and I'm not going to force it. There is no tool in the holder and it is not bound in any way I can tell other than it's sitting at the top of the z stroke. I don't know what parameter to look for to see if it's locked out but I just assume it is since nothing will move. It just gives me the same error code as soon as I turn it on. I can clear the beeping with just the ? button but the OT override button does not allow movement either. I feel like it's just sitting on one of the OT sensors and not moving down but I don't know how to override the lockout to get manual control to move it down. I have stacks of books but they are less than helpful. I would like to know if this is just an error that I don't know how to clear or if it might have broke something and is going to take some more effort to fix. Thanks for your help and any information would be much appreciated.

Re: Takisawa Mac V1 Spindle went to high

you can movethe x axis more low if you just input a 24v to the brake for some seconds
    you can not move,because with power on ,the motor is hold by the current and on emergency or power off you have the brake on .
    ussualy i look in ladder and see what is generating the alarm.
    if you have the ladder copied please send to and i will help you.
    if you do not know how to copy the ladder i will help you
    my email is:[email protected]