Hi MicroMill users,

After using the MicroMill for some weeks and after finishing some projects I came across some problems but also appreciate some of the features.
First of all I have to say that the MicroMill support is awesome!

Pro:
It's incredibly small and easy to use!
When you have to work somewhere else - different room or different workshop - just take it with you.
It's easy to modify something.
It's fun,

Contra:
The proxxon 240 is not made for cnc milling neither is the flexible shaft made for it. After my first proxxon stopped working I luckily got it repaired for free thanks to Josh's great support, but now I stop it every 15 minutes to let it cool down. That works, but nothing is finished in 15 minutes, right?
Additionally, the flexible shaft is now starting to break. It makes some really unhealthy sounds.
My plan is to directly mount the proxxon without the flexible shaft. And on the long term, maybe get a Kress.
I also had some problems with fixing the material onto the stage. The sticky tape delivered with the machine is not very strong. I had several broken 1mm tips because the material popped off. Now I use strong metal brackets in addition.

I am not sure if I would buy it again to be honest. As a first step to learn cnc and to check if I need to upgrade someday its too expensive and unfortunately too limited die to the proxxon...

Cheers
Nils