I have recently imported a Legacy Maverick 5 Axis machine into Australia and to date have used the CCam program that came with it. The Mach 3 program that also came with the machine is programmed in imperial measurements and I wish to convert it to Metric.

Legacy have sent me instructions to do the conversion on both the Mech 3 and CCam.

The conversion of CCam is easy and has been done.

The conversion of Mach 3 has not been successful as the Z Axis ( I think ) remains in imperial.

The conversion involved changing settings in Config > VB Script Editor > M999, changing (1002.0) to (1002.1), then copying this down to below the line that is just above Check and set turning rate. I have gone through the save settings etc, and then entered g21 on the main screen and saved.

The result is that the Y and X axis goes through the appropriate settings but the Z axis remains well above the stock that I have on the headstock.

When I go to change native units and check mm the machine goes straight to the limits and I am obliged to stop the machine before it does some damage.

Note that I have successfully turned some samples using the imperial settings in CCam and Mach 3.

Can anybody assist me please.

Howard Combes
Peachester Australia